• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the top 10 most OVERRATED Coppers?

76 posts in this topic

For me one would be Miracleman #15. I FINALY read it last night and although it was a good read, from what I had heard about it I thought the violence was so intense it would scar me for life. Well I've seen worse (or better) violence in the BOYS! Now I guess I can see where what is depicted would be shocking for the time, BUT! it does not hold up that well at all.

The dialogue and pacing was good, but I just thought it was and is a very overrated book and certainly is not worth the hefty price tag it carries raw. I can only think of that one for right now so what about you guys? What do you think the top 10 overrated coppers are?

Pretty much any "key" issue of anything. For the most part they don't matter to me. I have a handful of them but mostly because I bought them off the stand for cover price. I guess if I were really into a character I might seek one out, but odds are if I were really into that character I would seek out all the issues featuring them and not just the first appearance. So to me they would all be equally valuable. I would like a full run of TMNT but I'm never going to buy a 1st print #1, and since as far as reprints are concerned I don't care if it's a 2nd or 10th I'll settle for the two reprints I already own. But the keys I really don't understand are the ones that are just sought after just because they have cool covers, or just because it's difficult to find in high grade.

For me one would be Miracleman #15. I FINALY read it last night and although it was a good read, from what I had heard about it I thought the violence was so intense it would scar me for life. Well I've seen worse (or better) violence in the BOYS! Now I guess I can see where what is depicted would be shocking for the time, BUT! it does not hold up that well at all.

The dialogue and pacing was good, but I just thought it was and is a very overrated book and certainly is not worth the hefty price tag it carries raw. I can only think of that one for right now so what about you guys? What do you think the top 10 overrated coppers are?

Yeah, for the time...22 years ago! Compare it to what was out by Marvel and especially DC at the time...Now, hell, even KICK-AZZ's violence is on par with it...

I think, from what I understand about it, though, is that it's a low print run independent that is difficult to find in pristine condition...

I think, in 9.6 or higher this is still a pretty tough book...

but I absolutely see the lower grades going down in price in the coming years, especially after it's resolicited (IF) in trades etc...

But I see your point...

I second X-Men 244. This book was sold in multipacks at Woolworths in my town. And seriously: 1) Jubilee??? and 2) they chase her through the mall???.

Overrated.

Yeah,I never understood why that book was good.

Come on,Kitty Pryde and X-23 are WAY better characters than Jubilee.

Amazing Spider-Man #252

Amazing Spider-Man #300

Marvel Secert Wars #8

:taptaptap:

The thread said most overrated copper age covers,not the most awesome copper age covers (shrug)
I did not say ''covers'' I just said books. :P

You need to understand the context in which it as published.

And it's not valuable because it's "violent." It's valuable because it's the rarest of the first 22 issues.