• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVENGERS 1 CGC 9.4

23 posts in this topic

Yea, I can do the make an offer on HA.com, but I am trying to get a hold of the owner to

see if they would want to do a trade and cash. Oh, and avoid the consignment fees on

both sides.

great idea! make sure ti go public with your plan and alert the community (and Heritage) too!

Yea, I can do the make an offer on HA.com, but I am trying to get a hold of the owner to

see if they would want to do a trade and cash. Oh, and avoid the consignment fees on

both sides.

great idea! make sure ti go public with your plan and alert the community (and Heritage) too!

doh!

both sides.

What in the world does this mean? Are you suggesting that he is doing something wrong by trying to contact the owner outside of heritage's system? If that's the case, I'm going to start a pet cleanup service and see if I can hire you to convince people to pay me every time their dog takes a mess whether I clean it up or not. (thumbs u

both sides.

What in the world does this mean? Are you suggesting that he is doing something wrong by trying to contact the owner outside of heritage's system? If that's the case, I'm going to start a pet cleanup service and see if I can hire you to convince people to pay me every time their dog takes a mess whether I clean it up or not. (thumbs u

I'd like to get in on that action. hm

both sides.

I took it as meaning if you think the Avengers #1 is up for sale why don't you notify your potential competition of the opportunity.

I'd quite fancy an Avengers #1 9.4 if its available hm

both sides.

I took it as meaning if you think the Avengers #1 is up for sale why don't you notify your potential competition of the opportunity.

exactly. and also alert Herirage that you are trying to circumvent their system! Sure we'd ll like to avoid paying a "tax" - - but you gotta stay under the radar to succeed.

and I dont understand the dog poop analogy.

both sides.

its not a question of right or wrong... just sloppy planning.

both sides.

exactly. and also alert Herirage that you are trying to circumvent their system! Sure we'd ll like to avoid paying a "tax" - - but you gotta stay under the radar to succeed.

Heritage's 'system' is their own invention. They don't ask you to be in it and you've got to tell them if you don't want to participate. They've got no ownership of your book or its future sale. You an use it if you want but it isn't anything close to a binding system.

both sides.

How is one circumventing Heritage's system by not using it? The OP certainly has failed if he wanted potential competition to avoid knowledge of the sale, that I agree with.

But how is it circumventing Heritage's system? Is Heritage supposed to get a cut of every deal put together by a former buyer with a new buyer, just because they now have the capability to put the two together?

both sides.

I'm sure a lot of people would but the book isn't for public sale. All the OP is trying to do is find out who owns it and attempt to entice the person into selling/trading it. Anyone can do this with any book at any time. I don't see how the OP is hurting his "chances" in any way. The book is still not going to be for public sale. Good luck with the trade part unless you are willing to give up commensurate high grade key books but that's a whole different discussion.

both sides.

I'm confused as to why you would even bring this up. He isn't circumventing anything. The book is not for sale on Heritage. Heritage has no more right to brokering a deal for this book then you and I do. Just because the book sold on Heritage at some point in the past? Somehow now that amounts to "circumventing the system"? :screwy: