• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicshares.com, sounds like a good ideal...Is it??

38 posts in this topic

I found this site that sounds like a good idea if you can't afford to buy the hg key issue. I saw a Hulk #181 in there but it is only a 9.6, you think with all the 9.8's that have poped up they would get one (shrug). Well I saw some shares for it for a sale but I don't know if this site is a scam or not. You would think they would have bought a HG GL #76, AF #15, Hulk #1, FF #1, or some other key books in the GA. Heck, some of the people on here could do it with the right buisness plan. I would sure do that but I own Bronze to copper age and not the demand like Golden and Silver dose.

Any ways what is the scoop on this site and is buying shares to that Hulk 181 they have a bad idea?

quiet, you.

keldog, don't listen to him. in fact, any user with "dog" in their handle somewhere should probably head over to that site right now and make some serious inroads in their investment future

Great concept,poor execution.

The problem with something like this is the same I run into with my blackjack teams. Anyone with the knowledge and wherewithall to successfully do something like this won't need outside investors for it.

Hmmm... in their FAQ they mention they are operating as ebay power seller, justaleague. That ebay ID has a feedback of 1 with a purchase of a Power Girl Bust (not that that's not cool in itself).

That's because their main ID "gotcgc" was NARU'd quite a while ago. I like to think I helped get them kicked off by reporting this scam to Ebay.

the general concept is sound....

say for instance, that in 2008 you and 6 buddies got together and each ponied up 10K towards a nice restored action 1 (maybe the 68K copy from heritage)... 2 years later, that book would easily sell for $100K.... so, your 10K "investment" has a real world value of $14K+....a 40% return in 2 years... not bad...

say for instance, that in 2008 you and 6 buddies got together and each ponied up 10K towards a nice restored action 1 (maybe the 68K copy from heritage)... 2 years later, that book would easily sell for $100K.... so, your 10K "investment" has a real world value of $14K+....a 40% return in 2 years... not bad...

Just watch The Simpsons episode where Bart, Milhouse & Martin buy Radioactive Man #1 together. Recipe for disaster...

if run by the "right" folks, then the concept is sound.... obviously, from viewing this site, these are not the "right" folks

Agreed, it's a perfectly sound concept. It's just a mechanism for pooling money together for purchases, just like a corporation, partnership, investment fund, etc. They're all just ways for individuals to pool their money together so that the pool can make collective purchases that either an individual could or represented a bigger use of funds than the individual wanted to use on just one investment.

Dealers have been teaming up for big purchases of comics for years. In many cases, the fact that there is only one "headline" dealer associated with a deal doesn't mean that he bears 100% of the cost and upside. In fact, given how chronically undercapitalized most dealers are, this is definitely the rule rather than the exception.

Given the right people running such an operation, I agree that it might be a venture worth considering.

quiet, you.

keldog, don't listen to him. in fact, any user with "dog" in their handle somewhere should probably head over to that site right now and make some serious inroads in their investment future

:roflmao:

Just watch The Simpsons episode where Bart, Milhouse & Martin buy Radioactive Man #1 together. Recipe for disaster...

:roflmao: LOVED that episode.

if run by the "right" folks, then the concept is sound.... obviously, from viewing this site, these are not the "right" folks

Agreed, it's a perfectly sound concept. It's just a mechanism for pooling money together for purchases, just like a corporation, partnership, investment fund, etc. They're all just ways for individuals to pool their money together so that the pool can make collective purchases that either an individual could or represented a bigger use of funds than the individual wanted to use on just one investment.

Dealers have been teaming up for big purchases of comics for years. In many cases, the fact that there is only one "headline" dealer associated with a deal doesn't mean that he bears 100% of the cost and upside. In fact, given how chronically undercapitalized most dealers are, this is definitely the rule rather than the exception.

Given the right people running such an operation, I agree that it might be a venture worth considering.

(thumbs u