• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do you work? And trade for like??

26 posts in this topic

May seem a bit of a funny question for you all, but I had a good experience recently.

The buyer on one of my auctions ($199) asked if I would like to trade anything electrical for the comic, as he worked in an electrical shop and received a good discount. Obviously (he said) he would pay what he had bid, but just thought he'd ask.

Now at the time I was looking for a long-life battery for my digital camcorder, that retails in the UK for the equivelant of $300. So I suggested this, and it just so happened that he had one. We made a square trade. I received something of higher value (to me) and he probably got it for less than the bid price (thats if he paid for it at all, if you know what I mean!).

So, my question is, do any of you work in stores or an industry where you could get 'cheaper' items, and then, would you trade for comics? Sounds like a good deal for both parties, just a suggestion really. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh, and just to start us off, I'm after an Olympus DM-1 voice recorder/MP3 if anyone has one thumbsup2.gif

I don't work in any stores where I could get anything cheap, but I've been able to trade wrestling tapes (I have a few hundred) and bootleg concerts on CD-R (I have hundreds of these, too) for comics. Trading is the way to go! smile.gif

Well to bad Supapimp isn't a real pimp...otherwise I'm sure he would get a lot of trade... thumbsup2.gif

I would be partial to trade for DVD boxed series....Have a big craving for those as of late, some seller had a nice Cheers first series box on eBay and silly me forgot to snipe it, ended selling for something like $13.00 makepoint.gif

Oh and re: 'fell off the back of a lorry' even your friendly neighborhood Belgian knows what it means, I'm game, as long as it didn't fall out of the back of Delboy's Robin Reliant.... insane.gif

I work at one of the largest Best Buys in the country that has special segments such as Best Buy for Business and a special Home Theatre experience that would cater to people such as Murph0 in the store. Our discount is pretty awesome on some items wink.gif

I have a auto repair facility and a lot of my customers know I am a collector. I have been given alot of comics over the years, just their way of saying thanks. The best trade was about 5 years ago an older customer of mine gave me a couple of small boxes full of "older" comics he had for doing some work on his daughters car. I opened them when I got home, 893whatthe.gif ASM, X-Men, Cap books ranging from 1969-1975, total of just shy of 300 and all in great shape. I really felt guilty cause the work on his kids car only cost me a couple of hundred out of pocket, and I told him I would do some more work for free next time. laugh.gif