• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crossing Next Men 21 off my "to get" list

23 posts in this topic

The word is officially out on Next Men #21 (it has been for a while, but prices have been real high lately), so they're coming out of the woodwork! This means as a buyer, I'll never find a "steal", and if I had one, this is a bad time to sell because the market is saturated. Actually, right now is the perfect time to sell, because prices are high, and market saturation hasn't really affected it yet. It will soon. There are 18 currently listed on eBay, and 14 that have completed in the past week. These are no longer hard to find.

Moving on to the next money maker...

Sell now while the iron's hot! True NM's are getting $75 to $100. I may eat these words, but I can't see it getting higher than that. Not with the availability there are now. When they were selling for $20, people were hoarding them. Now at $75, the flood gates have opened.

Hmm... Sounds tempting.

And it raises another question:

When's the best time to sell a movie-hyped book?

Six months pre-release (before it gets trashed on aint-it-cool)?

A month pre-release?

A week?

A month post-release?

Before the DVD release?

I was looking and I actuallly have 4 copies. The kicker is I remember having 1 of them SIGNED by Mignola at the Chicago Comicon back in 94 or 95, can't remember which year. I wonder what a signed one would go for?

What i can't understand is that The San Diego Con comic has a much smaller print run as well as being released in 1993 (around 8 months earlier) that the Next Men issue, so surely you would think that this issue would be a lot more expensive?

What i can't understand is that The San Diego Con comic has a much smaller print run as well as being released in 1993 (around 8 months earlier) that the Next Men issue, so surely you would think that this issue would be a lot more expensive?

I'd say NM #21 would be the official 1st appearance as it was released to the Direct Market. The SD issue is more of a prototype or special issue in my eyes.

If the SD issue is considered Hellboy's 1st App, the Malibu Sun(?) preview mag should be considered the 1st appearances of most of the early Image stable....

Jim