• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,089 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere but this seems to be the proper thread.

Did anyone notice that there is a 9.8 #4 in the census now? Anyone have the story? I'm sure it will pop up somewhere on an auction site soon. :gossip:

A 9.8! :o

I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere but this seems to be the proper thread.

Did anyone notice that there is a 9.8 #4 in the census now? Anyone have the story? I'm sure it will pop up somewhere on an auction site soon. :gossip:

Interesting. I was just thinking this past week when one might turn up.

We'll see if someone tries to sell it soon or if it's a keeper.

Anyone can name the bet and I'll take it! That book WILL be sold (thumbs u

Not if one of the big guns own the book and need it to top out their collection.

If Brulato or TempusFugitivus or Schmell (or similar) own it there is a good chance it won't be sold.

The real question is who hit the lotto by pressing up their 9.6??? hm

It ain't no lotto if the $75K or $92K 9.6 copy pressed up to a 9.8. Those were already at pretty much 9.8 pricing IMO.

Anyone can name the bet and I'll take it! That book WILL be sold (thumbs u

Not if one of the big guns own the book and need it to top out their collection.

If Brulato or TempusFugitivus or Schmell (or similar) own it there is a good chance it won't be sold.

That's true. I didn't consider that one of them maybe pressed up. I just assume by now those guys have maxed out their major books but maybe not.

Well, i dont have it in hand yet but since it's actually paid for now, i can officially post it here. I'm FINALLY in! :banana:

My very 1st copy EVER of my all-time #1 grail book :whee:

Unless it's a choice between life and death, this book will never, NEVER leave my possession and will go to my son when i'm gone :cloud9:

Avengers1CGC7_5White1032336002.jpg

Awesome book Jason, my only copy was a mid grade restored one sold to me as un-restored that I bought when I was like 12. That one looks like a keeper to me.

Thanks man!

I was actually thinking of you last night and regretting BIGTIME not doing the deal we had on the table before i left in November :sorry:

That would have looked sooooo nice next to this #1! I'm an I D I O T! :facepalm:

Awesome book Jason, my only copy was a mid grade restored one sold to me as un-restored that I bought when I was like 12. That one looks like a keeper to me.

Thanks man!

I was actually thinking of you last night and regretting BIGTIME not doing the deal we had on the table before i left in November :sorry:

That would have looked sooooo nice next to this #1! I'm an I D I O T! :facepalm:

You know how much I wanted you to get the book also... don't worry it'll come up for sale again sometime soon I'm sure (plus there are other pedigrees of this book out there). A book like that one is the ultimate tease in this market, always someone who thinks it can get upgraded and not appreciating it for what it is.

Thanks man!

You know how much I wanted you to get the book also... don't worry it'll come up for sale again sometime soon I'm sure (plus there are other pedigrees of this book out there). A book like that one is the ultimate tease in this market, always someone who thinks it can get upgraded and not appreciating it for what it is.

Hopefully i'll get another chance at it :wishluck:

I DEFINITELY wont let it get past me again if i do! Unfortunately, when i had the chance to get yours, i had a million other books on my plate and made the incredibly dumb decision to try and press up my 4. I shoulda just ponied up the money and got your book instead of the whole fiasco it turned into! doh!

Oh well, live and learn.

Well, i dont have it in hand yet but since it's actually paid for now, i can officially post it here. I'm FINALLY in! :banana:

Unless it's a choice between life and death, this book will never, NEVER leave my possession and will go to my son when i'm gone :cloud9:

Sweet book brother. :applause:

Very nice. :applause: