• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,089 posts in this topic

Thanks all!

i was still on a high from getting my #1 finally so i bought this last night to display it! I figure if they were good enough for Nic's 6 figure books, its good enough for my Avengers 1 lol

I'm so psyched to get them both in and have it hanging on my wall :cloud9:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=449440

frame.jpg

frame2.jpg

Thanks all!

i was still on a high from getting my #1 finally so i bought this last night to display it! I figure if they were good enough for Nic's 6 figure books, its good enough for my Avengers 1 lol

I'm so psyched to get them both in and have it hanging on my wall :cloud9:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=449440

frame.jpg

frame2.jpg

I want to see the book in the frame :sumo:

So do I !!! :cloud9::banana::whee::acclaim:

Unfortunately, I don't have the book or frame in hand yet :sorry:

Book should be here sometime next week. The frame will probably take 2-3 weeks by the time CC gets my check and ships it out :taptaptap:

So do I !!! :cloud9::banana::whee::acclaim:

Unfortunately, I don't have the book or frame in hand yet :sorry:

Book should be here sometime next week. The frame will probably take 2-3 weeks by the time CC gets my check and ships it out :taptaptap:

Is the frame made for a CGC slab, or a raw book in a Mylar? I'm looking forward to deslabbing my books to get a better look at them.

BTW, the books look better in Mylars.

From the description, I think it was made for a Fortress. It said though that it can easily be "customized" to fit a slab (shrug)

I understand that your real happy to finally get your grail,but I would highly recommend you not displaying it in a frame.Maybe take a nice color scan of it and frame that. 2c

From the description, I think it was made for a Fortress. It said though that it can easily be "customized" to fit a slab (shrug)

I understand that your real happy to finally get your grail,but I would highly recommend you not displaying it in a frame.Maybe take a nice color scan of it and frame that. 2c

Why? This one was supposedly especially made to hold comics MUCH more valuable than my Avengers 1 (shrug)

Why? This one was supposedly especially made to hold comics MUCH more valuable than my Avengers 1 (shrug)

Aren't you worried about fading or UV lighting?

It says it's UV Protected plexiglass (shrug)

I gotta assume he had books like 10x's as much as my Avengers in there no?

I guess so,but then again if one gets F---ed surely he could easily afford a new one.Were there windows in that pick? hm

It doesn't look like it from the pic. The room I'm planning on putting it in gets no natural sunlight at all and only even has a lamp on for like an hour a day about. Unless I am in there messing with my books, it's almost completely dark.

It doesn't look like it from the pic. The room I'm planning on putting it in gets no natural sunlight at all and only even has a lamp on for like an hour a day about. Unless I am in there messing with my books, it's almost completely dark.

Then you might be fine. (thumbs u

How could anyone see it then? Or the key word is "almost"... :gossip:

If I have to be serious. Great book and totaly deresves to be displeyed and enjoyed (thumbs u

How could anyone see it then? Or the key word is "almost"... :gossip:

If I have to be serious. Great book and totaly deresves to be displeyed and enjoyed (thumbs u

That's a good point lol

When you walk in my house, there's a small room immediately to the right with French doors that you can see thru. The previous owners used it as a baby room but I've always used it as my den. There's one window that faces the street but it ALWAYS has the curtains and shutters closed because I don't want someone walking/driving by to see all the comics, signed football jerseys and helmets etc from the street and get any ideas. The only light that goes in there is what comes thru the French doors from the rest of the house. When I'm in there doing stuff, I have the lights on but that's probably at most 1 hour a day.

I have a bunch of BA 1st issues displayed in an old Borders map display stand for like the last year and none of them look like they have faded at all in the last year. With the small amount of light that's in there, I THINK it's ok to display books there, especially if this frame actually does have UV protected glass no?

I would consider applying tint film that has UV protection, to at least the house window. If you can find the tint in a virtually clear version, put that on the display cases, covers etc.

BTW, I have full coverage of window tint on the windshield of my 91 Mark VII, you cannot tell it's there unless you know to look for it.

Gentlemen and ladies - please let me in the clubhouse. Here is my cover charge :) This is one of my favorite keys and overall covers....so hard to get the left edge without blemishes partially due the edge color! Can't wait to see the movie!

Avengers1cgc90fc.jpg