• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,089 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2023 at 8:02 PM, grendelbo said:

Even with the pressable defects IMO 8.0 is a generous grade for this copy.

Congratulations. I still regret passing on a somewhat affordable 6.0 15 years ago.

Time is everyone's friend in the collectibles hobby it seems.   Throw a dart at any comic convention "wall book" and in 15 years you're more than likely going to be happy 🤑.  I'm sure there are exceptions but overall time is your friend and I definitely regret WAY more books I sold than purchased over the years. 

Edited by Beardown

On 2/11/2023 at 7:09 AM, GrasshopperFF said:

Avengers #1 is on the wall. 86228C5B-3AED-4170-B57F-F0ECF1D33378.thumb.png.d29d9f93e71075fa10a2ac8f311e3fc9.png

Now I need #4. 

BEAUTIFUL copy!!! Great page quality on this one too!!! Congratulations on grabbing a great looking copy of an undervalued key!!! (Yes, I said it, 'cause it has MILES of room to grow!!! :sumo:)!!!

On 5/6/2023 at 9:32 AM, acistaro said:

I know I'm planning on selling most of the collection, and not sure what the 1 will grade at, and the 4 is pretty.... But these are so iconic, I feel like they're worth holding onto at any grade.

20230505_182021.jpg

20230505_182130.jpg

I try to put myself in your place, but it's really my kids who are in your place.  Because I'm a collector, there's zero chance I would give up any of the fantastic books your dad collected if I were you.  BUT the important thing is that you do what's right for you.  I can certainly appreciate you have something of great value, which of course was the way I thought about these books when I was 13 - "someday, these will be worth a million dollars" which in those days was real money :).  

On 5/6/2023 at 12:49 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I try to put myself in your place, but it's really my kids who are in your place.  Because I'm a collector, there's zero chance I would give up any of the fantastic books your dad collected if I were you.  BUT the important thing is that you do what's right for you.

Trust me, as a fellow collector, and as someone who shared in the hobby with my Dad, it is very difficult to give this stuff up...   I'm trying to thread the line between keeping my fathers favorite books (and my favorites), and selling the ones that make sense financially.  If I'm selling Hulk 1-6, FF 1-4, X-Men 1-66, and JIM 83+-170, I can afford to keep Avengers 1 and 4, and a bunch of others.... Right now I'm still trying to justify keeping ASM 1-50... And that means debating on selling Daredevil 1-7.

I could have taken it all and just given the house to my sister (she made the offer) but I had to explain to her how lopsided the deal would be in my favor, and I know it wouldn't be what my father would have wanted.

Anyone here own or know who owns the 7.5 Greenwich copy of number one. ?

A guy in New York City is offering it to me that doesn’t really know what he has. It seems like a scam big time.

first, he wanted $20,000 and now he’ll take nine