• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,312 posts in this topic

Yep, that was the last addition to my CREEPY collection, too... but I din't see this in time to answer.  :)

On 4/10/2022 at 7:29 PM, Jayman said:

No takers on a guess?

Or is it too obvious? hm

It's a tough one.  The previews are for Vampirella 34, Creepy 63, Eerie 57, and Spirit 2.  But I checked the back covers to each of the previous issues and it wasn't one of those.  

On 4/10/2022 at 8:44 PM, Randall Dowling said:

It's a tough one.  The previews are for Vampirella 34, Creepy 63, Eerie 57, and Spirit 2.  But I checked the back covers to each of the previous issues and it wasn't one of those.  

It’s a Warren but none of those titles…

On 4/11/2022 at 3:49 PM, Axe Elf said:

I kinda chuckled over this back cover...

"Think how much these early issues will be worth a year from now!"

How 'bout 50 years, honey...

1271764656_VAMPIRELLA17B.thumb.jpg.c89d1a4cf8f9e062869992283b953c58.jpg

I'll take 10 copies of #1 at $2.50 each, please...

Amen to that!

On 4/9/2022 at 10:56 PM, oakman29 said:

Steve how in the heck did you find a #36 that didnt look like the glue on the spine wasnt bubbling the paper.🥰

I gather this is a problem on 37 as well? It's on my must have list but every one I see has crinkling at the spine (from glue shrinkage I assume (shrug))

On 4/11/2022 at 8:31 PM, Surfing Alien said:

I gather this is a problem on 37 as well? It's on my must have list but every one I see has crinkling at the spine (from glue shrinkage I assume (shrug))

It seems there are more afflicted copies than not, but I have been blessed with several quite nice and flat examples. 

On 4/11/2022 at 11:15 PM, OtherEric said:

So, I only recently found out that Harvey Kurtzman edited (or co-edited) the first two issues of this series, before he started working on Help! for Warren.  I won a lot with 4 of the first 5 issues, then grabbed a cheap #6 because why not at this point?  All I need now is #4 (which has another great Jack Davis cover, and I just grabbed a copy off the bay that should be here soon.

Favorite_Westerns_of_Filmland_1.jpg

Favorite_Westerns_of_Filmland_2.jpg

Wildest_Westerns_3.jpg

Wildest_Westerns_5.jpg

Wildest_Westerns_6.jpg

Never heard of or seen those before.  Another little piece of the history...