• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,283 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2022 at 5:40 AM, Jayman said:

$400 for an 8.0 Nightmare 20. Do I think it’s a bit high, yes. Ridiculous, no. It is a tough issue so at these current market prices it seems fair. Great book either way. Those blasted fingerprints did it again! :pullhair:

I certainly wouldnt scoff at that price either. It's a great book. I'm jealous I dont have one yet.😪

@OtherEric Most of those are not nearly up to your usual standards in terms of color-breaking creases, missing corners, pieces out, and spine splits.  At least the CREEPY 48 has a nice water stain.

Are you sure you want such good-looking books in your collection?  I could trade you on a couple of those if not; especially the Warren Presents issues...

That's a pretty nice Goblin run, too, but my Goblins are already pretty good.

On 7/9/2022 at 3:47 PM, Rip said:

I've often wondered why these mid to late issue Nightmare's are so dang hard to find relative to most anything else during the same time period.

Another factor could be spotty distribution due to Marvel, Warren, Eerie Publications and various other magazines competing for space on the magazine rack. I remember seeing lots of those mags, but very few Skywalds, especially as the years went on. Most of those later Skywald issues were pretty much non-existent in my town...  :(

On 7/14/2022 at 2:10 AM, Jayman said:

Picked up another Monsterscene. Love these Gogos covers and this is my favorite so far! I’m a big Phibes fan; love the movies, characters and the Art Deco sets! So adding this to the collection was a no-brainer.

Monsterscene #10.jpg

Where was this cover originally used? Love it. 

On 7/14/2022 at 9:21 AM, batmiesta said:

Where was this cover originally used? Love it. 

Not 100% sure but I believe it was used just for this issue. Note under the M in Monsterscene it says “A Gogo Publication”. He was directly involved with this mag and used all his paintings for the covers.

Edited by Jayman

On 7/14/2022 at 4:15 PM, Jayman said:

Not 100% sure but I believe it was used just for this issue. Note under the M in Monsterscene it says “A Gogo Publication”. He was directly involved with this mag and used all his paintings for the covers.

Thanks JM, now I want one. :drool: