• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,219 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, MyNameIsLegion said:

:whatthe: I've never seen this book????? I thought I'd seen just about all the Warren mags.  What's this one have? Any good?

No idea, haven't read it yet.  I was just amused because it's such a total "If you mistake us for Indiana Jones we won't be upset" cover design.  I'll let you know after I read it.

7 hours ago, chevalmeow said:

Frankenstein's head has always distracted me on this issue.  It looks like he has a baby head to me.  (shrug)

Lol! It looks like a cross between Hulk, Frankenstein and Austin Powers! He-Man and Ant Man joined the fight it seems too!

20 hours ago, the blob said:

What I love is that half the time it is some monster eating another monster. This beastie is eating a bunch of vampires or ghouls or something. Makes it look less like a serial killer type scene. I showed this cover to my 9 year old and he could not believe what he was looking at.

Some of the early ones were over the top for sure! I think they even knew that themselves, as for later issues they started putting gears, springs, nuts and bolts in the severed body parts. This (my take) was to be able to say they were just robots and not real people being killed.

52 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

Never heard of Rook magazine ‼️‼️

Is it about chess🤪🤪🤪

If you like time travel stories it is pretty good. The Rook is actually his time machine that looks and is named after the chess piece. The character travels through time on adventures with his robot butler and his great, great grandfather from the Wild West!

The Rook # 1.JPG

On 2/12/2021 at 4:42 PM, chevalmeow said:

Frankenstein's head has always distracted me on this issue.  It looks like he has a baby head to me.  (shrug)

I assume that's Rich Corben's Child.

It was a very stupid issue, a "cross-over" with lots of characters from Eerie series, including plenty that had ended up being killed at the end of their series.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:14 PM, MyNameIsLegion said:

:whatthe: I've never seen this book????? I thought I'd seen just about all the Warren mags.  What's this one have? Any good?

It collected some stories from Warren's 1984 magazine, written by Jim Stenstrum.

After he decamped to Hollywood, he kept working on it and produced some sequels, maybe an animated TV show.

13 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

That's a pretty copy!  :headbang:

The store owner had a Marvel Preview 7 that was almost as nice but the bottom right corner came off of the book.  It was sad, as the detached piece was still in the bag.  I would have bought it otherwise.

Sad greggy

@batmiesta