• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

Anyone order Warrant magazines directly from the source as a subscription?  I had mostly good luck grabbing back issues, but some showed up in not-so-great condition.  

On 4/5/2024 at 7:35 PM, jr70 said:

Anyone order Warrant magazines directly from the source as a subscription?  I had mostly good luck grabbing back issues, but some showed up in not-so-great condition.  

I'm just ordering each year's back issues at the end of the year.  Figure that's one opportunity for shipping mishaps, as opposed to 14.  The ones I've received (close to 50 now) haven't necessarily all been 9.8s or anything, but I haven't received any that I would say were in not-so-great condition, as to me, that implies something less than an 8.0 or so.  One shipment looked like it had been bumped a little more than the others, but I don't recall any that had any major flaws; I would say that all of them probably fall between 8.5 at worst and 9.6 at best.

I've thought about the subscription route, just so I didn't have to wait so long for new ones--but I'm not at all convinced that shipping individual books would get them here in any better condition.  Then again, I'm not really buying them as an "investment" per se, and I won't live long enough for them to see any appreciable increase in value.  Therefore I'm not really fretting over their condition, as long as they're not in REALLY not-so-great shape.  I expect them to look new, but not necessarily perfect.

On 4/10/2024 at 6:16 PM, dover said:

I added this to my collection.

Vampirella 48 NM- back cover -D Fletcher.jpg

VAMPIRELLA #48?

On 4/11/2024 at 7:30 AM, dover said:

I forgot there was a front cover.

I thought you were quizzing us.  :)

On 4/20/2024 at 1:24 PM, Stevemmg said:

Finally found a nice copy of the hardcover collection. Mmmmmaroto. 

IMG_7458.thumb.jpeg.94496dc6b3f87957d9a75b37ebd500eb.jpeg

Congrats and welcome to the club! 😁

It truly is a beast of a book. It held my top spot in my collection till I got another hard cover book. :whistle:

Your copy looks to be in excellent condition too!