• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,357 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2024 at 5:41 PM, N e r V said:

Pick up today at SoCal comics here in San Diego area. There are only 2 CGC graded copies at 5.0 and 6.5. I might have overpaid on this one but I’ve just not seen copies that look decent show up. This raw was graded by them as a FN/VFN. Not a beater at least….:cloud9:

I always stop at SoCal comics when I am in San Diego, which can be often based on our customers out there. 

On 9/12/2024 at 12:17 PM, Morganmi said:

Couple upgrades and some new stuff. :whee:

20240912_115024.jpg

20240912_114822.jpg

20240912_114650.jpg

20240912_114454.jpg

20240912_114246.jpg

20240912_114046.jpg

I recognize these from Jim’s collection thread.  I was intrigued by, but passed on that Goblin book without even realizing it was a Warren Mag! (As is clearly stated on the cover doh!)  What is that thing? Sci Fi, or Fantasy or what?     
The Troll Patrol !!!

On 9/12/2024 at 2:12 PM, Strange Trip said:

I recognize these from Jim’s collection thread.  I was intrigued by, but passed on that Goblin book without even realizing it was a Warren Mag! (As is clearly stated on the cover doh!)  What is that thing? Sci Fi, or Fantasy or what?     
The Troll Patrol !!!

Yea all these are from Jim's collection which  as you know Dwayne @Azkaban has been slowly but surely getting out over the past year. Jim really kept his Magazines in beautiful shape for the most part of the one's I've bought. 

Basicly The Goblin was Warren's last ditch effort  to be relevant in a time period where superhero's were the top dogs and horror was in decline. Needless to say it did not go well for Warren. It's 2 efforts in this direction The Rook (13issues) and the Goblin (3 issues) never really got off the ground. I have not read The Goblin yet so I will leave the critical analyzing to others here who no doubt have much more knowledge on this. :bigsmile:

Edited by Morganmi