• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,259 posts in this topic

These are pretty cool. The only one I’ve seen before is the Weird Tales of the Macabre. What were the contents, reprints also or original?

On 5/12/2024 at 8:44 AM, Jayman said:

These are pretty cool. The only one I’ve seen before is the Weird Tales of the Macabre. What were the contents, reprints also or original?

Almost always reprints.  Seems like they relied heavily on Eerie pubs (which were also primarily reprints)……so in most cases they were reprints of reprints. lol

On 5/10/2024 at 12:12 PM, ThothAmon said:

Treasury Size from 1935, not quite a magazine…

IMG_1936.jpeg

IMG_1937.jpeg

🔥🔥🔥🔥

I know this is general magazines so not "pulps nor comics", so posting here. Quoting myself from winning credits for "national independent bookstore day!

Who knew there was such a thing?

On 4/28/2024 at 6:17 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Speaking of which, yesterday was evidently "Independent Bookstore Day?" ???

My used bookstore nearby said as much, and they hosted a "Golden Ticket" hunt within their store. 6 total envelopes to find, only one per person, afaik.

With the "golden" one being a prize of like 45 audio books. It sounded intriguing, and I'm saving for Comic-Con, so it gave me something to do lol 

I searched the whole store so I had thought at least for an hour, and one guy found one, which was $5 credit. No one seemed to be looking other than me and maybe kids with parents shopping. Not a lot of distraction, but I didn't want to make people move from shopping, so I had to retrace.

Found one persons phone that they had just left on a shelf, went and turned that in to lost and found.

Anyway,........ I did after that find an envelope of $10 credit :) yadda yadda :shy: 

Screenshot_20240428-061423.png

The credit paper certificate was being torn up even in the glove box!

Got tired of waiting for worthy comics, so spelunked the store, so free to me!

Emergency $7 used of $10 credit won for "national independent bookstore" day.

I suppose these are collectable?

IMG_20240515_122819201.jpg

IMG_20240515_122438187.jpg

IMG_20240515_122458499~2.jpg

guess not, but I tried, and of course they were tucked away and hard to look through. lol I had seen someone buy a Pam Anderson one from the 80's or I wouldn't have even known they were there. idk. Maybe that person had picked the "best of them", it was a last resort. :sorry: 

On 5/15/2024 at 11:03 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

guess not, but I tried, and of course they were tucked away and hard to look through. lol I had seen someone buy a Pam Anderson one from the 80's or I wouldn't have even known they were there. idk. Maybe that person had picked the "best of them", it was a last resort. :sorry: 

Not a lot of Playboys are collectable, I think I paid more than $10 each for all of three issues putting together my Little Annie Fanny collection.

On 5/17/2024 at 4:44 PM, Jayman said:

After you get one of these, we can start the Tales of the Zombie reading club! :bigsmile::baiting:

Tales Of The Zombie Annual # 1.jpg

One reading club is enough for the moment, thank you!  Although I would actually do it as a Marvel Horror reading club if we did... Dracula Lives, Haunt of Horror, Legion of Monsters, Masters of Terror, Monsters Unleashed, Tales of the Zombie, Tomb of Dracula (magazine version), Vampire Tales, and any appropriate issues of Marvel Preview/ Bizarre Adventures.

I've got complete runs of all of those, as well.  My big gap on the 70's Marvel Magazines is Crazy and Savage Sword of Conan, and I've got lots of those as well.

On 5/18/2024 at 7:26 AM, batmiesta said:

Haunt of Horror is a very underrated title IMHO, # 1 doesn't fetch silly money even in 9.8 even though the cover is fantastic. 

20240518_122335.jpg

The skull makes it a great cover (thumbsu 

On 5/22/2024 at 3:49 AM, Rip said:

Not too bad of a copy. Psycho 14 tough in VF or better.

20240522_004712.jpg

I consider this cover to have a feel like Punch 12/Dynamic 8 with that tough black cover always a fav of mine