• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is the better pedigree curator or pacific coast???

31 posts in this topic

Maybe it's just me, but the upper left corner and the area around the top staple make it hard to call that a 9.9. I think it might have gotten some leniency due to its age and provenance. 893naughty-thumb.gif

All I have to say is......Tales of Suspense #47 Curator CGC 9.9 Mint White pages Nuff Said smile.gif

Eric

For those who haven't already seen it blush.gif

tales%20of%20suspense%2347%2D9.9.jpg

Actually, that's a good point. I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't an amazing book, which it definitely is. No doubt it's the nicest copy in existence. I was just nitpicking on the 9.9 grade. But it's undeniably a gorgeous book that I wish I owned.

I think it might have gotten some leniency due to its age and provenance.

I agree, but wow!!

Well...one of us may be mistaken but I was pretty sure that the Atom 1 and Hawkman 1 CGC 9.0 Curator copies were listed late last year. I'm pretty sure that I saw them listed on eBay by comgeekI do recall seeing a Hawkman 1 CGC 9.8 a few years ago on ComicLink.

Hauser told me there were duplicates in the part of the collection he bought...although I haven't seen any dupe slabbed copies myself, so I'm not sure how many there are.

Greggy, I shot an email to Josh, and he confirmed that the 9.8 Hawkman 1 was indeed Curator. I didn't think to ask him about the lesser grade Hawkman and Atom #1s, but they could very likely have been Curators too, if there were in fact duplicates.

what are the chances if any that the "not wanting to be known" owner of the fantastic four curator run 2-100 (i think) will ever sell or will we ever see any of these in a heritage signature auction? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Fair to middlin'. Most comic book creators don't care about condition, so the owner may eventually decide he'd rather have the money they're worth and also own low-grade readers, or that he's already read them all and they're worth less as possessions to him than they would be to someone else. He's already turned down several high-dollar offers on the books to date, but as he gets older, who knows what'll happen.

Then again, if he isn't a condition freak, it's even possible he's been reading them and they're no longer in their original pristine shape. confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, that's a good point. I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't an amazing book, which it definitely is. No doubt it's the nicest copy in existence. I was just nitpicking on the 9.9 grade. But it's undeniably a gorgeous book that I wish I owned.

I think it might have gotten some leniency due to its age and provenance.

I agree, but wow!!

what fantasy said - a stunning book, but a 9.9?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif