• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2000 A.D. #1 U.K. Tabloid (26 Sept. 1977)

23 posts in this topic

Oh, God, yes!

Even in this condition, (and pre-recession) the spinner brought a big premium. I will be interested to see how this auction turns out.

For some collectors, it's kind of like the Plymell Zap 1. Who cares what shape it's in!

Thanks, 50 cent, I sometimes forget to hang out on eBay UK.

P.S. Same company put out a great little horror tabloid in the mid-80s called Scream! The first issue had a free pair of plastic vampire fangs in a little plastic bag glued to the cover. Very, very tough to find.

It could have been reattached too. There were several comics that came with that spinner - it's having it original and attached that's rare.

I didn't know that, thanks!

I was under the impression that over the years the tape always gave way on those spinners.

To take a spinner from a different comic and attach it to a Prog 1, that's diabolical.

If you hang out on eBay UK Prog 2 does turn up from time to time. You may have to wait for awhile though for a copy in grade.
I've seen MANY copies ranging from Poor to Near mint & with or without the Robot stickers! lol

If you hang out on eBay UK Prog 2 does turn up from time to time. You may have to wait for awhile though for a copy in grade.
I've seen MANY copies ranging from Poor to Near mint & with or without the Robot stickers! lol

Thinking of getting a copy?

It would have to be at LEAST a 9.0 Quality copy.(yes I know CGC dosen't grade them, but you know what I mean) Plus That glue attached to the book I would imagine did not help the condition of the book Degrading over time. Plus the ''news type'' paper dose not withstand the test of time very well. Which is why I believe the closest I will ever get to DREDD's first Appearance will be his first American one. (Eagle #1)

It would have to be at LEAST a 9.0 Quality copy.(yes I know CGC dosen't grade them, but you know what I mean) Plus That glue attached to the book I would imagine did not help the condition of the book Degrading over time. Plus the ''news type'' paper dose not withstand the test of time very well. Which is why I believe the closest I will ever get to DREDD's first Appearance will be his first American one. (Eagle #1)

You'd be very, very lucky to ever find one in that kind of grade and if you do, you should expect to pay a lot for it.

You'd be very, very lucky to ever find one in that kind of grade and if you do, you should expect to pay a lot for it.

+1

In fact, if you ever see another NM copy with the robot stickers and decide to pass, shoot me a PM. I'd be more than happy to buy it! :wishluck:

I remember buying all these early issues of 2000AD when they came out. I especially loved the bionic stickers that came with #2. I wore them to school on my arms with pride until the glue wore off!

That must have been awesome!

I can't imagine how my life would have turned out if we had Judge Dredd Underoos on this side of the pond. Probably better.

Another one sold recently with the spinner attached, went for MORE then the this one.

On eBay? Do you have a link to the auction results, by any chance, 50? :wishluck:

I gotta say, I'm pretty upset that substitute spinners are being attached to spinner-less copies. Not surprised, just bummed.