• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All-American Comics #8 1st Ultra-Man - Thread closed

19 posts in this topic

All-American Comics #8 from November 1939

1st appearance of Ultra Man and Ultra Man Cover

Very Very Scarce book in any grade - Only 4 TOTAL (that includes unrestored and restored) have ever been CGC'd.

This was the Pre-Green Lantern superhero of All-American Comics and this is 8 issues earlier than Green Lantern's first appearance in All-American Comics #16.

Over all I think it is a very nice book, has a very nice cover, and the Ultra Man story is very good.

The book looks to me to be a solid 4.0 (VG) book but it is missing 1 page from the back of the book that has been cut out. The back portion of the book features many 1 page comic stories and it seems that 1 was neatly cut out. Other than that it is 100% unrestored and complete.

This thread closes at 9PM (EST) tomorrow night.

Payment by Paypal only. And asking price includes shipping.

First :takeit: get's it.

If you want to make an offer PM me.

For the record. This is one of my favorite GA books. Loved the cover and story. I do not want to sell this but something special is coming up over the weekend so that is why I am offering it. If it sells or does not I am happy either way. One night only. Super book.

Incredibly hard book to find in any grade.

Also, please explain who Ultra-Man was?

This story takes place in the future! Well future of 1939 when it was published anyway.

"Gary Concord Sr., a 20th-century scientist, had devoted his life to finding the means to end war. In 1950, an accident put him into suspended animation. He awoke as a chemically altered superhuman in the year 2174. His son, Gary Concord Jr., is born in 2214 to the lifespan-lengthened Gary Sr. and wife Leandra — daughter of the tyrant Rabborizon, whom Gary Sr. defeated. Rabborizon eventually returned to kill his own daughter, however, prompting Gary Sr. to kill Rabborizon in return."

Technically this is NOT a price drop - but I am lowering the price!

I originally meant to put $250 shipped! (Not 350 doh! )

You new at this? :makepoint:

JK... good luck! Cool book... (thumbs u

Technically this is NOT a price drop - but I am lowering the price!

I originally meant to put $250 shipped! (Not 350 doh! )

You new at this? :makepoint:

JK... good luck! Cool book... (thumbs u

lol

I was working on something else that had the number 350 and guess I got confused.