• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pittsburgh Comic-Con

38 posts in this topic

I noticed that Gene no longer had his convention appearances listed on his website (including Pittsburgh), so I wrote to ask him. He said he has canceled all his appearances. As he said, "No more conventions for me. Health issues always a challenge."

:(

I noticed that Gene no longer had his convention appearances listed on his website (including Pittsburgh), so I wrote to ask him. He said he has canceled all his appearances. As he said, "No more conventions for me. Health issues always a challenge."

:(

:o The only reason I was going to go.

I am thinking about going up on Friday.

Never been to MurderCon.....uhhhh I mean the Pittsburgh Comic Con before. :eek:

I hope I don't get killed over my comic book insurance policy and then have my attacker move to Detroit & open up the Detroit Comic-Con, or do I have that backwards. hm

Now I'm sad..

I was looking very forward to meeting Gene. I love his work on Dr. Strange. I hope his health improves.

Just got an email from CBG:

Marvel and DC legendary artist Gene Colan recently suffered a broken right shoulder and is out of the hospital recovering slowly. Unable to draw, he is unable to raise money to pay upcoming medical bills.

Professionals, fans, dealers, and even musicians are banding together to donate items for an auction to help raise money for Gene, including Stan Lee, Harlan Ellison, Walt Simonson, Bill Sienkiewicz, and many others.

I've been meaning to check this show out but just too many back to back show with Boston and Chicago just past.

Let me know how the show is!

I've been meaning to check this show out but just too many back to back show with Boston and Chicago just past.

:roflmao: at best. (thumbs u

The non-national dealers were over priced and clueless.

:roflmao: at best. (thumbs u

The non-national dealers were over priced and clueless.

How was attendence??

Went to the show on Saturday. Attendance seemed kinda sparse, which seems to continue the downward trend with this con. Al Stoltz (Basement Comics) agreed with me, and said he's probably done with this con, at least with regards to setting up a booth. I don't recall seeing Harley doing any business the several times I passed by him. Dale seemed to have activity at his booth though. Even the artists didn't seem all that busy, aside from a few.

I didn't buy much: bought a Fight 44 from Dale, and got a couple of TPBs. Also got a couple of sketches.

Fight 44:

Fight-44-1.jpg

Sketch by Sara Richard:

sketch-Sara_Richard.jpg

Sketch by Georges Jeanty:

sketch-Georges_Jeanty.jpg