• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stop the Insanity!!!

148 posts in this topic

You're correct. In fact, I don't have any of the data, which is why I followed your suggestion and checked GPA. Unfortunately, their database only has sales data for forty-seven 8.5's and fifty-seven 9.2's sold since last January...what does your database show?

So you have zero CGC 8.5's at the $950 to $1100 range?

My EBay links are obviously inactive, but the old posts show CGC 9.2 issues nearing the $1K mark, and are on line with some previous 8.5 movie-hype sales.

Okay, to make it easier, what was the highest price for a Hulk 181 CGC 8.5 from 2003... and then let's compare it to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2221321686&category=33816

I can't post links, as the auctions are inactive, but I know that CGC 9.2 prices went lower than that, no matter how you want to mince words.

Okay, to make it easier, what was the highest price for a Hulk 181 CGC 8.5 from 2003... and then let's compare it to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2221321686&category=33816

I can't post links, as the auctions are inactive, but I know that CGC 9.2 prices went lower than that, no matter how you want to mince words.

According to GPA, no 8.5 ever sold for that amount...

I'm done analyzing the data for you Joe. It's time to step up to the plate and admit you were wrong and your long-espoused proclamation of "As I predicted, you could have sold your 8.0's (oops, clerical error - 8.5's) during the movie hype and picked up a 9.2 later..." has no basis in reality...not even close.

Okay, to make it easier, what was the highest price for a Hulk 181 CGC 8.5 from 2003...

It's pretty obvious that you're mincing words, side-stepping questions, and just plain trying to do a Mmmarvel/Marvelous act (are they your shills?) and tick me off.

Put on a blindfold and go play on the freeway.

It's pretty obvious that you're mincing words, side-stepping questions, and... 893blahblah.gif

If you say so Joe "8.0...oops, that doesn't work...clerical error...I meant 8.5...that doesn't work either...hmmm...banner may not have all the data...the data still doesn't support my outlandish claims...then banner must be MMMarvel...go play on the freeway..." C. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

cut it out guys, im getting a headache...

Here's all you need to know about this issue my friend - according to GPA, at no point in time could one have sold an 8.0 OR a clerically-corrected 8.5 Hulk 181 and later bought a 9.2 using that money, regardless of the repeated proclamations from Joe that "......as I predicted, you could have sold off a 8.0 during the movie hype, and then bought back a 9.2 for the same price ..." 893naughty-thumb.gif

Any more questions? confused-smiley-013.gif

If it's for investment, there is no form of investing that is 100% secure, am I right? You may know a lot about shares, or currency or whatever, but there are no guarantees. Comics have become investment material whether we like it or not, that is why these insane prices are getting realised.

Just because us avid collectors don't beleive in investing in them; someone does, and they feel it's worth the risk confused-smiley-013.gif

I couldnt tell you myself, it's a bit like betting. But some people are obviously willing to take the gamble, and what I was trying to say was, the WILL win if the census drastically rises in the LG but doesnt change THAT MUCH in the HG.

Lets take that TMNT #1, we know it was limited to 300 print, lots got chewed and abused, like they were supposed to, by none other than kids! Now, whose to say that the 9.0 on the census is NOT the only one? It's highly likely that there are more, but nobody ACTUALLY knows? So to some, it may be worth the gamble?

sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

I've got an original owner copy of TMNT #1. I think it's HG, maybe 9+ (haven't looked at it in a while). So I wouldn't start gambling too soon. There've gotta be some other nice copies around.

Slab it and sell! If they can get over $1k for a raw copy on ebay that graded no better tha a 6 or 7 then go for it thumbsup2.gif

If it's truly a 9.0, you could slab it and stick it up on the Link at a paltry $4,500...paltry compared to this anyway!

Yeah, I got one:

Don't you think you raped me enough with those crappy books you sent me, without beating a dead horse on my "stated 8.5 in an EARLIER POST, then mistakenly wrote 8.0 the other day"?

If you want to see some "clerical errors", give me the go-ahead to post some scans. tonofbricks.gif

Yeah, I got one:

Don't you think you raped me enough with those crappy books you sent me, without beating a dead horse on my "stated 8.5 in an EARLIER POST, then mistakenly wrote 8.0 the other day"?

If you want to see some "clerical errors", give me the go-ahead to post some scans. tonofbricks.gif

This is beyond laughable Joe "8.0...oops, that doesn't work...clerical error...I meant 8.5...that doesn't work either...hmmm...then banner may not have all the data...hmmm...the data still doesn't support my outlandish claims...then banner must be MMMarvel...go play on the freeway..." Collector.

Half the forum has attested to my grading ability in the Kudos thread, but since you're so paranoid and I'm not so self-serving as to quote them here, let's not take their word for it, let's review what you yourself had to say about our lone transaction - "Thanks banner, and I must say I was pleased with the overall transaction."

You're pathetic Joe. I know it's absolutely killing you to be wrong, so please take a second to remove your foot from your big mouth long enough to admit you weren't even close with your grand prediction and your nightmares will end...

[let's review what you yourself had to say about our lone transaction - " Thanks banner, and I must say I was pleased with the overall transaction.

That was Nice JC speaking, and since you had stopped trolling and insulting me, I let bygones be bygones. The books weren't that expensive, I gave you the benefit of the doubt (everyone makes mistakes), and decided to grin and bear it.

(remainder of post deleted, since Banner's "JC grading scale" is obviously different than his regular one, and it shouldn't stop people with Forum IDs other than JC from buying)

Can somebody please just post the [!@#%^&^] GPA data for Hulk 181 8.5 and Hulk 181 9.2?

No problemo:

8.0 sales (monthly averages Jan-Dec '03):

$539.40

(no sales)

$559.52

$604.67

$659.99

$623.50

$691.74

$655.02

$530.00

$633.75