• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 SOLD for $1.5 Million--Again New World Record!

300 posts in this topic

$1.5 Million says it is in the public's view.

You still have not answered my questions.

How do you know the book is not restored or will grade higher than 8.5?

I for one would not spend that kind of money on a "raw" book before hand.

$1.5 Million says is in the public's view.

Yes...$1.5 million is the most a comic book has ever sold for that we know of. That's all.

And I'm not suggesting you would spend that kind of money on a "raw" book. I'm also not suggesting what the MH copy of Action #1 could grade out at if it was sent to CGC. I'm saying that if the MH copy of Action #1 went up for sale today in its RAW state...it would sell for more than the CGC 8.5 copy of Action #1 just sold for. Period.

$1.5 Million says is in the public's view.

Yes...$1.5 million is the most a comic book has ever sold for that we know of. That's all.

That's all= lol If by that's all you mean a record breaking $1.5 Million sale then I would hate to see what gets you :whee:

And I'm not suggesting you would spend that kind of money on a "raw" book. I'm also not suggesting what the MH copy of Action #1 could grade out at if it was sent to CGC. I'm saying that if the MH copy of Action #1 went up for sale today in its RAW state...it would sell for more than the CGC 8.5 copy of Action #1 just sold for. Period.

If I was betting on you statement I would agree, but my point is the book hasn't sold yet so we are assuming. (shrug)

the MH woiuld grade 9.6...wow...why would a collector not have something like that slabbed....you could truely never read it...

No, The Allentown Det 27 is 9.6. The MH is 8.0. glue removed.

ahh, sorry, misunderstood. that Det #27 is the baby then....is it slabbed?

That's all= lol If by that's all you mean a record breaking $1.5 Million sale then I would hate to see what gets you :whee:

I'm not saying it's not exciting. It's very cool and I'm actually glad they took the record back. But I'm also saying not to pizz in my ear and tell me it's raining. :kidaround:

If I was betting on you statement I would agree, but my point is the book hasn't sold yet so we are assuming. (shrug)

With a statement like "this particular Action Comics #1 is literally the single most valuable comic book on the planet"...I'd say that Vince is doing his own bit of assuming...like assuming the MH copy caught fire and burned to ashes last night.

the MH woiuld grade 9.6...wow...why would a collector not have something like that slabbed....you could truely never read it...

The Allentown Detective 27 is arguably the most valuable comicbook of them all.It is indeed arguable at the least.If nor it is certainly # 2..

With the Huge amount of Batman collectors there are, it wouldnt surprise me.

I think you will see it on the market in 30 or so years.

The Allentown Detective 27 is arguably the most valuable comicbook of them all.It is indeed arguable at the least.If nor it is certainly # 2..

To me that book is the best comic book in world. :cloud9:

Didn't I read somewhere that Borock looked at the mile high Action for grade and restoration? That seems good enough for me.

He did as he told me it has a good chance of grading out at 9.4.

I believe Steve, but I still need to see it in the CGC case and sold for multi-millions before I am fully assured.

Which it seems we wont be seeing that sale any time soon anyway.

To me that books is the best comic book in world. :cloud9:

I'd rather have the Tec 27 myself. :cloud9:

We agree. :o

I'd rather have the Tec 27 myself . :cloud9:

Me too :cloud9:

We agree. :o

Not so fast. Although I do admit that I'd rather have the Tec 27...I don't think it's the right choice.

So...technically...I disagree with you and me.

Yes, and Fishler. The MH action is not restored.

This might also help.

http://itsalljustcomics.com/2010/02/24/the-second-best-copy-of-action-1/

I asked Dave about it recently. The book that was later graded 8.5 is the 2nd best copy he had ever seen. He compared it to the Mile High years ago. The Mile high was clearly better.

Fact: This sale makes the Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 sale the most money ever attained in the sale of a single comic book. That's it.

Another Fact: This sale does not make the Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 the single most valuable comic book on the planet.

Agree. To say the Action 1 8.5 is 'the most valuable book on the planet' is disingenuous, and pure puffery.

Also the MH's Action #1 has not even been graded yet by CGC so even though it will probably grade out at 9.2/9.4 it still not a flat out fact yet.

Comics and their values were determined long before CGC came into existence.

The MH copy of Action #1 would break this record even if it were to go up for auction without being CGC graded.

+1.

It would be nice for CGC if he graded it but he'd sell it easily without doing so.