• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay feedback- do you mention grading?

12 posts in this topic

Most comic sellers on Ebay have no mention in their feedback about their grading skills, why not?

Do you make it a rule to comment on grading, or is it just the plain circular 'Great delivery, A++++++++++++++++++++++++++'?

I don't expressly invite my buyers to comment on my grading ability but I appreciate it when they do- good or bad. It helps me keep tabs on my ability and if I'm leaning too conservative or liberal. Usually I'm right on or very close and that's what I try to target. Here's my feedie-back pg:

W. R. Collectibles Feedback

Damit. I'll toot my own horn! grin.gif

Apparently, I'm the biggest undergrading chump on E-Bay confused-smiley-013.gif

From gregerma:

+ Great condition and packing. Knows how to honestly grade books.

From ontariosells:

Awesome Comic As Described A++++++++++++++++ Excellent Grader! Recommended!

From tailback:

+ not only were the books graded correctly they were undergraded - shipped quickly

+ maybe the best comic purchasing experience I have ever had thru Ebay A++++++++++

+ the way it should be - I can't say more - and I tried really hard

And from the Darth man himself

+ Excellent pack job and fast shipper!Sweet book,accurate grader, A+ CGC Forumite!

Damit. I'll toot my own horn! grin.gif

Apparently, I'm the biggest undergrading chump on E-Bay confused-smiley-013.gif

From gregerma:

+ Great condition and packing. Knows how to honestly grade books.

From ontariosells:

Awesome Comic As Described A++++++++++++++++ Excellent Grader! Recommended!

From tailback:

+ not only were the books graded correctly they were undergraded - shipped quickly

+ maybe the best comic purchasing experience I have ever had thru Ebay A++++++++++

+ the way it should be - I can't say more - and I tried really hard

And from the Darth man himself

+ Excellent pack job and fast shipper!Sweet book,accurate grader, A+ CGC Forumite!

Wow Minkev, I didnt know that Darth was one of your shill accnts!.

27_laughing.gif

j/k nice feedbacks..

Hell yeah I comment on grading. I'll call out a seller without any hesitation when grossly overgraded. In cases where I am still happy and the seller slightly overgrades or even undergrades (Rare), I will let them know. I always include this info with my email that gives the seller a heads up that I received the item. It gives the seller an idea of what they aree doing and right and possibly what they are doing wrong as far as grading is concerned.

Hell yeah I comment on grading. I'll call out a seller without any hesitation when grossly overgraded. In cases where I am still happy and the seller slightly overgrades or even undergrades (Rare), I will let them know. I always include this info with my email that gives the seller a heads up that I received the item. It gives the seller an idea of what they aree doing and right and possibly what they are doing wrong as far as grading is concerned.

Rick, you ain't nothing but a grader hater....! (Sort of like a playa hater...) confused-smiley-013.gif

I think an appreciation on the grading should be an important part of any feedback left regarding a raw book.

But when grading is mentioned in a feedback, it's usually praise about how accurate it was.

Why ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Because :

- if book was overgraded, the seller usually contacts the buyer to settle the situation. Feedback is left after the problem has been solved (by a refund, for example)

- most the buyers don't dare mention undergrading for fear of retaliatory feedback

Just my opinion... wink.gif

I mention good grading when appropriate. "Good" grading basically just means I agree with the stated grade though, so I don't know how much value there is in two random strangers agreeing on a grade once in a while. But I mention it anyway, because if more people do, then eventually you see lots of people agreeing with the seller's grades. Then it starts looking less like coincidence and more like the seller might be on to something.

I don't neg for bad grading, because I don't expect anyone to be good at it.