• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another personal Grail found

36 posts in this topic

Oh how cute! lol

Ya when I get mine they will be back to back. Honestly, I can't see myself having one without the other.

Its true...you can't have one without the other. I upgraded my GSX through the forum and had to immediately upgrade my 94...luckily my LCS had an 8.5...got great deals on both. I've always been a fan of "twins," LMAO.

Today I acquired a very nice X-Men #94. My local LCS had bought a collection that contained it. The cover colors are still great (I've seen a lot of faded ones in this book) and the inside is white. There are some spine creases but overall I think it's a nice VF8.0. This book has been on my radar for years and I was going to make another serious attempt at finding one at the upcoming Motor City show. Now I can remix my want list for the Motor City Show regarding which "large" book I'll seek out. (Well, at least in my budget. lol )

This gives me the New X-Men run from 94 until the 230's. Kind of a satisfying feeling... Thanks for letting me share!

Xmen94.jpg[/img]

Conrats a nice looking book.

Oh how cute! lol

Ya when I get mine they will be back to back. Honestly, I can't see myself having one without the other.

Its true...you can't have one without the other. I upgraded my GSX through the forum and had to immediately upgrade my 94...luckily my LCS had an 8.5...got great deals on both. I've always been a fan of "twins," LMAO.

Yeah I can vouch for that too. I was able to buy both at the same time at a con a few years ago from one dealer. They may be mid-grade but you can't beat that feeling!

GS X-Men #1 is definetly on the search list for the Motor City Show. Depends on price and condition. I looked at one graded by CGC two years ago. It was at Crazy Eddies and I hesitated looking at it because I wasn't up for his full force sales pitch. Don't get me wrong, he seems like a nice guy but his selling style is not a good mix with my buying style.

I think he had a CGC 8.0 (?) which the OSPG priced at $450.00 at the time. He wanted $600.00 for it and I asked if he'd take $500.00. Then I got the tale of how much it was worth, etc. 10 minutes later, I got away. lol

I was just looking at my OSPG and X-Men 94 is worth more as an 8.0 than GS X-Men #1 but the GS is worth more as a 9.2 than the equivalent X-Men 94. I guess I stand somewhat corrected. What's the logic behind that?

Today I acquired a very nice X-Men #94. My local LCS had bought a collection that contained it. The cover colors are still great (I've seen a lot of faded ones in this book) and the inside is white. There are some spine creases but overall I think it's a nice VF8.0. This book has been on my radar for years and I was going to make another serious attempt at finding one at the upcoming Motor City show. Now I can remix my want list for the Motor City Show regarding which "large" book I'll seek out. (Well, at least in my budget. lol )

This gives me the New X-Men run from 94 until the 230's. Kind of a satisfying feeling... Thanks for letting me share!

Xmen94.jpg[/img]

Classic book, congrats!! :applause: