• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another personal Grail found

36 posts in this topic

Today I acquired a very nice X-Men #94. My local LCS had bought a collection that contained it. The cover colors are still great (I've seen a lot of faded ones in this book) and the inside is white. There are some spine creases but overall I think it's a nice VF8.0. This book has been on my radar for years and I was going to make another serious attempt at finding one at the upcoming Motor City show. Now I can remix my want list for the Motor City Show regarding which "large" book I'll seek out. (Well, at least in my budget. lol )

This gives me the New X-Men run from 94 until the 230's. Kind of a satisfying feeling... Thanks for letting me share!

Xmen94.jpg[/img]

Is it just me, or has this book lost some significance over the years? Maybe my memory is fading but I seem to recall this being bigger in the 1980's. It always seemed to be priced identical to GS X-Men #1. Over the years (rightfully so), GS X-Men #1 has become more valuable due to it being the 1st appearance of the New X-Men and how much tougher it is to find in higher grade compared to X-Men 94. Plus, Hulk 181 has grown alot over the past 25 years.

Is it just me, or has this book lost some significance over the years? Maybe my memory is fading but I seem to recall this being bigger in the 1980's. It always seemed to be priced identical to GS X-Men #1. Over the years (rightfully so), GS X-Men #1 has become more valuable due to it being the 1st appearance of the New X-Men and how much tougher it is to find in higher grade compared to X-Men 94. Plus, Hulk 181 has grown alot over the past 25 years.

I think it is a huge key,and regardless very difficult to find in high grade due to the dark cover.Kudos to you :applause:

I think that it's a terrific book! That book was the center of the universe for many fan boys growing up in the 1980's!

Congrats on the grail!

:headbang:

At the high end, and certainly for slabbed copies, grade for grade UXM 94 is more expensive and there are fewer copies than GSX 1.