• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bachalo

11 posts in this topic

Not to pick on the guy, but does he have a fan following or something? Why is this guy still drawing books, ESPECIALLY, mainstream books like Captain America?

I think the art is completely third rate, annoying and out of proportion. I like Liefeld better!!

boo.gif

Not to pick on the guy, but does he have a fan following or something? Why is this guy still drawing books, ESPECIALLY, mainstream books like Captain America?

I think the art is completely third rate, annoying and out of proportion. I like Liefeld better!!

boo.gif

Good lord I hate his art. I've stayed with CA all along because IMO there has always been something good about it, either the art or writing or both. I've now had to drop it because the art is so bad that it wouldn't matter who wrote it. 893frustrated.gif

I don't know what his stuff looks like now, but even when he was good I wouldn't have pegged him for a mainstream book like Captain America. He was good for Vertigo, but something like Cap? That's crazy.

He had a long run on Generation X a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken, and it was annoying, too.

Sometimes the impressionist stuff works in a mainstream book, but this ain't one of em.

I don't know what his stuff looks like now, but even when he was good I wouldn't have pegged him for a mainstream book like Captain America. He was good for Vertigo, but something like Cap? That's crazy.

He had a long run on Generation X a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken, and it was annoying, too.

Sometimes the impressionist stuff works in a mainstream book, but this ain't one of em.

Yeah, that's it. Horses for courses.

boo.gif

When Joe Madureira did his own Battle Chasers book, the second wave or artists that broke off and joined his Cliffhanger imprint were Bachalo with Steampunk and Humberto Ramos/Joe Kelly on Crimson. (Danger Girl moved over as well.)

The imprint fizzled out obviously. (Cliffhanger, itself, was a spinoff of the Wildstorm label which is now part of DC.)

I like his art. He has a clearly discernible style that's not really superhero oriented per se. (At least not in the Image style.)

worked on Unc. X-Men for a while too

his UncXM work i liked, his New X-Men ("Assault of Weapon whatever" storyarc) was terrible

i thought Ramos was one of the cofounders of Cliffhanger, along with Campbell & Madueria?

i concur, haven't seen his mainstream stuff, but his work on vertigo's death was gr8t.