• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this deserve its own thread?

46 posts in this topic

Wait 'til Nick Beckett sees this. Someone was making a comment about how superhero movies should be more realistic. He countered with a very clever pun about spiders having spinnerets for webs near their anuses (ani?). He is frickin' psychic! :roflmao:

Wait 'til Nick Beckett sees this. Someone was making a comment about how superhero movies should be more realistic. He countered with a very clever pun about spiders having spinnerets for webs near their anuses (ani?). He is frickin' psychic! :roflmao:

The fact that his comment and that pic are both from outside the NA borders leads me to believe that we have something in the water over here that makes us different. Thankfully.

No.

Fine, let's change the subject.

A dentist in the 75th percintile makes 167,000 a year. Now lets say The Dentist that everyone knows made around $200,000 a year. Now doing the math, this would mean that the current sale of Action #1 is 7.5 times what he made in a year. Now if his book truly is a 9.2 or a 9.4 I would conservatively say this comic is worth at least 3 million dollars at the moment. Meaning that his book is worth 15 times what he made in one year as a dentist.

Now when he bought this book in the early 80's it was probably worth about a fourth of his annual income. So if this is now the case, I do know one thing. If you think you can get 15 times what you made in a single year. The thought of him never selling it may not be as solid as we may think. Now I make about a tenth of what the dentist made in a year. But If someone were to offer me 15 times my annual income for my most valuable item I would be extremely tempted to sell. It would be a life changer. Much like 3 million would even be a life changer for someone who made $200,000 a year.

Dear Andrew,

Re: This thread

"I know it was your idea and you like it, but it was a bad one. You can console yourself with the fact that it is not the worst idea ever. It is slightly better than filling a giant airship with combustible hydrogen." - Seanfingh

How dare you turn my own sig line against me. How dare you.

I am officially going on record as saying the stupider the thread, the more I like it. There is more comedy material and more opportunity for full on jocularity in stupid threads than in other kind of thread. So keep 'em coming boys. "Could Yoda beat the Hulk in a fight." Check. "How do I put this longbox together?" Check. "Should CGC put botched press jobs in a purple label?" Double Check

Bring on the inanity! It brings out the best in the Boards. COI you are a great North American. Bless you and the yeoman's work you are doing for all of us.

I am officially going on record as saying the stupider the thread, the more I like it. There is more comedy material and more opportunity for full on jocularity in stupid threads than in other kind of thread. So keep 'em coming boys. "Could Yoda beat the Hulk in a fight." Check. "How do I put this longbox together?" Check. "Should CGC put botched press jobs in a purple label?" Double Check

Bring on the inanity! It brings out the best in the Boards. COI you are a great North American. Bless you and the yeoman's work you are doing for all of us.

:roflmao: x 1000

random comment: my wife is apparently doing some research or gave a presentation or something on gamma radiation. seriously, she's getting a phd right now, i'm not making this up. when my older brother heard about this at dinner he couldn't stop making hulk comments. my wife just get on responding with "no, too much and you get cancer and die, you don't get super powers". my brother wouldn't stop talking in his hulk voice though. she refused to concede that you COULD get super powers if the gamma radiation came from a gamma bomb, which is not something her research dealt with. finally she moved on to another topic.

your thoughts on gamma radiation?

:roflmao: x 1000

Hey! I participated in that Could Yoda beat the Hulk? thread and I think we proved that Yoda could unequivocally beat the Hulk! :acclaim: