• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supes Golden Record Reprint Set, slab comic? or keep set whole?

15 posts in this topic

Hello, I would like to get all of your advice on this.

I have a Golden Record Superman set from 1966.

Is it the same as the familiar F.F. JIM reprints etc.. ?.

As this does not reprint an exact comic # , but rather it looks like a "special" in the box comic issue.??? I am not sure

Any info you have on this item, and as to whats its its worth might be, please share your info.

Also should I slab the comic to preserve it? or keep the set together "as it is?" in its box.

I will try and post a few pix to show you the set, and comic.

Or get someone to host a few photos for me.

Keep in mind I only have a digital camera and any glare, color loss you see is due to flash's glare off comic.

Thanks,

Zeman

What all is in the SUPES set? I don't have that one.

The reason I ask is because I have the BATMAN RECORD SET which came in a red color album box. Unlike the FF, Avengers, Spider-Man etc. which showed a picture of the comic on the album jacket. The Batman set was a plain red album box and inclosed with the record is a Batman comic, flicker ring, poster, and Batman Club Membership card.

Is the Superman one like the Batman one?

I actually disagree with the OVERSTREET discription of the two record sets. At the time they were originally sold they were called BATMAN CLUB SET's and SUPERMAN CLUB SET's.

These are often confused with the GOLDEN RECORD comics. I wish someone would straighten that out.

Anything for a pal. Here are the pix of Zeman's Superman set. I think it's really cool. Could find NO info on this on the web or in Overstreet (not that it's not in there somewhere!).

supermanrecord.jpg

Here are the pix of Zeman's Superman set

AWESOME! I never seen the SUPES one before. Its very much like the BATMAN one that I have. The Superman comic looks to be in great shape. My Batman one wasn't and its the 2.5 graded one in the census. A couple of questions...

Was there a flicker ring with the SUPES?

Also noticed the SUPES box has a nicer cover. BATs is just plain red. Unless I got ripped off way back when and got one that was missing the picure.

Once again

THANKS REDHOOK 893applaud-thumb.gif

I am again in your debt.

I now owe you 3 chickens, 2 goats.. but your stil not getting my BUD LIGHT!!

And nope on the flicker ring, came with what it said on box cover.

And as to my other question?

Should I slab the comic ?

And yes I washed my hands in boiling water, and an alcohol rinse before I touched the comic!

Zeman

I agree. Don't slab the book....keep it all together.

Steve B.......can you guys construct a six-foot-square CGC graded custom airtight chamber with an inner well with air conditioning and airlocks that Zeman can enter and exit to view this box set?

Think Big!

Redhook!!, you are one silly .... insane.gifMo...Fo... insane.gif

And if you are going to all that trouble to build me a CGC chamber, I would rather it be a tomb, so I can sleep forever with my precious in my CGC graded "RD" condition.

RD = Really Dead

I actually disagree with the OVERSTREET discription of the two record sets. At the time they were originally sold they were called BATMAN CLUB SET's and SUPERMAN CLUB SET's.

These are often confused with the GOLDEN RECORD comics. I wish someone would straighten that out.

Hey, where exactly is it listed in OS? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I need to dig around some more, as of yet I could not find it.

It prolly right under my thumb. foreheadslap.gif

Thnx

Zeman

Hey, where exactly is it listed in OS?

Page 223 for the BATMAN RECORD COMIC and page 242 for the SUPERMAN one. Thats in my OS 33 edition. Both in the PROMO section.

They give more info on the SUPES then BATs.

893applaud-thumb.gifMany thanks Mister Comics. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Zeman