• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice Spider-man run on E-bay

147 posts in this topic

...which is exactly why I asked the question in the first place. Look, I'm a comic collector just like you are and I like to be informed. I was simply wondering why these comics sold for so much given the CGG grades and I thought there might be some on this forum who knew more about specifc sales or reasons than I did.

Understood. Although I doubt if anyone is going to have more sales data on this particular book in this specific CGG grade, buy you never know. There's obviously no way to be sure based on one sale from one particular dealer...but I do think the fact that he's a power seller with over 5,700 positive feedbacks and only one negative certainly played a part in it.

The buyer might be legitimate...but are the rest of the bidders who jacked up the price? 27_laughing.gif

tdcomixncardz has been discussed numerous times on this board and very little of it has been positive. They are located in the same town as CGG and it's quite possible that they are one and the same. They were selling CGG golden age graded books several weeks before the public was even allowed to send them in for grading.

The buyer might be legitimate...but are the rest of the bidders who jacked up the price? 27_laughing.gif

tdcomixncardz has been discussed numerous times on this board and very little of it has been positive. They are located in the same town as CGG and it's quite possible that they are one and the same. They were selling CGG golden age graded books several weeks before the public was even allowed to send them in for grading.

CGG sent me an e-mail in response to my offer above to post whatever they had to say about all this:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You for letting me email you to answer some of the questions raised on this thread.

1st let me say there were two Donald Duck books graded by us, one in early November and one in December, and I believe both received a grade of 9.0. On the Spidey #121, I believe we have graded at least 4 of these books for this person. As far as knowing the highest graded copy of a book, it is as simple as calling us and letting us look it up. As for any connection between CGGroup and RS there is none other than he uses our service. Also, the person with the Donald Duck books and RS are definetely two seperate people who live 3000 miles apart from each other. We were grading GA books for quite a few customers that live here in Oregon(when holder limits were not a concern), a couple of months before we officially began grading them. This may have been a little bit of favoritism, but we have many customers here locally and in Oregon that have been supporting us since the inseption of CGGroup. We also did this for people who called us and inquired about us being able to grade certain GA books before our official start date for grading them.

As far as having people selling our books, and living in the same area , I would just like to say, that having been working in the comic book industry in this area for many years, we already knew many local people that are involved in the comic book industry, or in the hobby, and being able to meet and talk to many of these people at shops and conventions that I think it is only natural we have a larger amount of customers in this area than elsewhere.

We certainly have made some mistakes by not being 100% prepared when we came to market, but we have improved and I believe we offer a very solid product, and we are making improvements all the time, and we are working on things we will be able to offer in the future. We are certainly looking forward to improving our website ,(have to stop putting that off) and we will be putting up a better pic of our holder soon.

Our goal from the beginning has been to offer a great service and product and a good price, and I believe we are doing that. I hope this doesn't sound like a promotion, as I am writing this email simply to give our answer to the questions and concerns raised on this thread.

Thank you for your comments, good & bad , and we would be happy to speak with anyone who would like to call us, and we would be happy to respond to any emails send to us through the website.

Daniel Patterson (senior grader)

Let me ask you a question? What would be a good example of a CGG vs. CGC comparison? You (and others) seem to imply that high feedback low neg sellers can sell books raw for similar prices as they do if they are CGGed and that cerifying with CGC will garner more $$$ in the majority (95%) of the cases without any consideration as to the grade of the book.

Here is my hypothesis based on my VERY LIMITED experiences so far with CGG (About 200 books).

NM books:

1) Raw books I sell on ebay: 1X - 2.5X guide (And yes, I can grade)

2) CGG Graded: 2X - 4X guide

3) CGC Graded: 3X - 5X guide

Books lower than VF/NM:

1) Raw books I sell on ebay: 60% - 90% of guide

2) CGG Graded: 85% of guide to 125% of guide (the majority of the time)

3) CGC Graded: 85% of guide to 150% of guide (the majority of the time)

All of the above depends on the title/issue being sold, of course. Put any mainstream Silver Age Marvel title in there and see how it measures up (Spidey, FF, X-Men, TOS, TTA, JIM etc).

CGG shill RS....did you get a response on greggy's Restored CGC Avengers 4 that showed up in an Unrestored World Grade CGG holder touted as being from an "original owner collection" sold by tdcomixncards? And just who is their restoration expert & what experience does he bring to the table, what restoration detection tools does he use? foreheadslap.gif

CGG shill RS....did you get a response on greggy's Restored CGC Avengers 4 that showed up in an Unrestored World Grade CGG holder touted as being from an "original owner collection" sold by tdcomixncards? And just who is their restoration expert & what experience does he bring to the table, what restoration detection tools does he use? foreheadslap.gif

They arent going to let us know that because this is a CGC board and if they were so great they would already be here talking to us.This company is going nowhere in my opinion and there is CGG crash impending as people break out there CGG books and send them into CGC so they dont stand out like a sore thumb, kind of how a PLOD would.

Davidking623

They arent going to let us know that because this is a CGC board and.............. 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Davidking623

Sorry I don't buy that. They aren't going to let us know but RS lets us know everything else about them? They won't let us know 'cause they can't spin a good enough answer. RS = CGG mad.gif

BachelorOfComix = CGC Goon

BOC do you get 9.8 for every pro CGC post? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif SOS about CGG

Restored CGC Avengers 4 that showed up in an Unrestored World Grade CGG
Like this has NEVER happened to CGC so what was in overstreet was a fairy tale. 27_laughing.gif

BOC do you get 9.8 for every pro CGC post? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif SOS about CGG

Like this has NEVER happened to CGC so what was in overstreet was a fairy tale. 27_laughing.gif

Brilliant non-answer. Stop avoiding my questions.

Email them Contact page They will talk to you and answer any questions that you have. They answered the questions about the Donlad Duck books and it was posted here. But if you get your answers you can't hammer them anymore frown.gif If you talk to CGG they will not tell CGC grin.gif

Email them Contact page They will talk to you and answer any questions that you have. They answered the questions about the Donlad Duck books and it was posted here. But if you get your answers you can't hammer them anymore frown.gif If you talk to CGG they will not tell CGC grin.gif

No, you get the answers for me. You seem to have all the other answers pertaining to CGG so I don't see why you can't get this one. 893naughty-thumb.gif

tdcomixncards I have no trust in these guys whatsoever I have seen what they have done to know enough that I wouldnt trust them if you paid me!

Davidking623

Let me ask you a question? What would be a good example of a CGG vs. CGC comparison? You (and others) seem to imply that high feedback low neg sellers can sell books raw for similar prices as they do if they are CGGed and that cerifying with CGC will garner more $$$ in the majority (95%) of the cases without any consideration as to the grade of the book.

Here is my hypothesis based on my VERY LIMITED experiences so far with CGG (About 200 books).

NM books:

1) Raw books I sell on ebay: 1X - 2.5X guide (And yes, I can grade)

2) CGG Graded: 2X - 4X guide

3) CGC Graded: 3X - 5X guide

Books lower than VF/NM:

1) Raw books I sell on ebay: 60% - 90% of guide

2) CGG Graded: 85% of guide to 125% of guide (the majority of the time)

3) CGC Graded: 85% of guide to 150% of guide (the majority of the time)

All of the above depends on the title/issue being sold, of course. Put any mainstream Silver Age Marvel title in there and see how it measures up (Spidey, FF, X-Men, TOS, TTA, JIM etc).

I think the average figures you quoted above prove my point quite nicely. You admit that your NM CGC books sell for 3X - 5X guide while your CGG books only get 2X - 4X guide. My question is...is it really worth saving a few bucks initially on the grading to leave that much cash on the table when you go to sell them? Unless it's a bunch of cheap junk, I think the obvious answer is "no". Same thing goes for your VF/NM example. And I wish someone was able to track more CGG vs. CGC sales from other sellers, because I think the spread would be even bigger. Not to mention the fact that we don't even know if CGG is going to be around in another year. Nobody can guarantee anything, but at least CGC has successfully embedded itself in the marketplace and established that it's not going anywhere anytime soon. What happens to the value of everyones CGG books if they take a dive 6 months from now?