• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel "Bro Comics"...IS this the END of comic collecting as we know it?

39 posts in this topic

:censored:

Marvel Reaches Out to New Demographic With 'Bro Comics'

As for the stories, Quesada promises tales of Marvel's toughest heroes "pounding brewskis, wearing sick gold chains, playing foosball, and generally being bros." Liefeld's story finds Cable and Wolverine rating the women of the Marvel Universe on a "marry, f--k, kill" scale, while Howard Chaykin delivers another one of his patented 1950s throwback tales that absolutely no one is sick of. Look for a Deadpool tale (penned by "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell" author Tucker Max) where the "merc with a mouth" is assigned to protect "Jersey Shore" cast member DJ Pauly D from crazed groupies. "The honeys of South Beach are all up in DJ Pauly's bizness," Quesada says. "Luckily, Deadpool is there to take the 'grenades' for his bro. And also actually throw some grenades."

deadpoolvariant-nick.jpg

Surely this is a April fool's joke?

Better be a jokesmiley-violent002.gif

I'm guessing there's a 50/50 shot either way.

Remember, this is the same "House of Ideas" that gave us the Norman Osborne/Gwen Stacey love affair. :gossip:

Remember, this is the same "House of Ideas" that gave us the Norman Osborne/Gwen Stacey love affair. :gossip:

Don't remind me. :frustrated:

WTH were they thinking????:screwy:

And these are the same people that are going to bring back Marvelman :cry: