• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel "Bro Comics"...IS this the END of comic collecting as we know it?

39 posts in this topic

The key to a good April Fools joke is that there has to be a hint of believability.

The key to a good April Fool's joke is to not have 15,000 of them all on the first page of Comics General.

Maybe we should try doing them covertly on October 7th. meh

The key to a good April Fools joke is that there has to be a hint of believability.

Actually, it says tons about Marvel's ineptness that it was a toss up to many as to whether it was a joke or not....

true dat.

Might I ask what the deal is that the girls have red noses?

Is that some new beauty accessory now, like the beauty mark of old times, or that thing where girls were sucking pacifiers a few years ago?

Coke hos :cloud9:

or that thing where girls were sucking pacifiers a few years ago?

Ecstacy hos :cloud9:

Sorry. I can't understand how drug use gets glamorized.

:tonofbricks:

It is not the drugs being glamorized, it is the fact they become hos which is lauded. ;)

Put on a pair of Manolos and a Versace dress, curl your hair, and put on some makeup. Take a hit off the pipe and then look in the mirror.

That's as close an answer to that question as you're going to get.

they've spent all day in the tanning booth and at the "shaw" (there is no "o" or "r" in shore) and they burned their noses a little, totally innocent.

of course, the real joysey shaw members actually went to the beach once during their whole stint there.

April Fools? :wishluck:

I find it amusing that only at Marvel would people be unsure of such an outlandish and idiotic idea being an April Fool's joke. Tells you something about their editorial choices of late. :insane:

April Fools? :wishluck:

I find it amusing that only at Marvel would people be unsure of such an outlandish and idiotic idea being an April Fool's joke. Tells you something about their editorial choices of late. :insane:

I was guardedly optimistic. That's all i can say. As a matter of fact, if you go back in a hot tub time machine to the me of 2007 and ask me which is more likely - the Bro Comics line or that Mephisto was going to pull a Bobby Ewing on 20 years of ASM continuity, I'd have said neither. Silly me.