• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tim Burton is now working on Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" for his next project!

44 posts in this topic

Burton is so overrated. His style is just so overdone. Always has that same gritty trendy cinematography. He needs to change it up...it's like he figured out a formula in the late 80s and hasn't deviated since.

I get it dude, your movies are "dark" and "weird" lol

Burton is so overrated. His style is just so overdone. Always has that same gritty trendy cinematography. He needs to change it up...it's like he figured out a formula in the late 80s and hasn't deviated since.

(thumbs u

This was all Ineeded to hear:

"Early screenplay drafts and preliminary design sketches seen by sources close to the project suggest that the movie will center on Morpheus' inability to communicate his love for a father figure - a new character that is still being fleshed out."

:sick: times infinity

from @neilhimself on twitter

"Dear Internet, the Tim Burton is doing Sandman thing was somebody's April Fool joke. It's not a real thing."

Will his wife also be in the movie, and will this movie look like the rest of his stuff as well?

Also, is Danny Elfman doing the music.

I must know.

(Joke or not, I can not stand Tim Burton.)

In all seriousness, I can't think of a series that would be tougher to adapt to the screen than Sandman. If there were a decent -script, I would give it to Guillermo del Toro.

In all seriousness, I can't think of a series that would be tougher to adapt to the screen than Sandman. If there were a decent -script, I would give it to Guillermo del Toro.

My pick for a Dr Strange movie :cloud9:

It would definitely be really tough...probably better suited to a cable series.

Burton used to be an artist before a director and art design is what he puts most of his creative effort into...most visual artists come up with a distinctive visual style and tend to stick with it. Kirby, Romita, Schomburg, Frazetta, Ditko, Adams, Steranko...EVERY artist, it's just the norm. Like these artists, the entire reason you're able to identify his formula is because his visual style is so distinctive, so sour grapes and stylistic preferences aside, your criticism above is a compliment.

I can never tell if a Burton/Depp film is going to have good acting, plot, or story, but I always know they'll look fantastic, which is why I usually see them all. :cloud9:

I can never tell if a Burton/Depp film is going to have good acting, plot, or story, but I always know they'll look fantastic, which is why I usually see them all. :cloud9:

"It's not how you feel - it's how you look!"

FernandoMahvelous230x225.jpg

He cranks out a few that feel good...Beetlejuice, Ed Wood, and Sweeney Todd are absolutely fantastic. He's not a terrific director and a lot of his movies are somewhat enjoyable but seem to focus TOO much on visuals, but I can't think of a director with a better feel for all aspects of visual design--I wish there were more like him that focus on different styles and genres other than "dark" and "weird" as danimal describes. Sleepy Hollow, Mars Attacks, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are like that...very enjoyable, but clearly more effort was put into how it looks than anything else. I don't even mind it much, given how distinctively great those flicks look...Sleepy Hollow particularly is just gorgeous!