• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slam Bang by Allen Freeman?

3 posts in this topic

Was anybody buying this back in the day? I always wanted to but I didn't trust mail order back then. I learned of the book through Ralph Snart Adventures. I have bought a handful from volume 2 and 3 more recently but have yet to find anything for volume one.

Was anybody buying this back in the day? I always wanted to but I didn't trust mail order back then. I learned of the book through Ralph Snart Adventures. I have bought a handful from volume 2 and 3 more recently but have yet to find anything for volume one.
This is a Copper book? Never heard of it. (shrug)

It was a self published book only available through mail order. It was an anthology with contributers such as Tim Corrigan who used to put out the Small Press Comics Explosion, and Marc Hansen, former (Editor I think?) of Fangraphix magazine and NOW comics as well as creator of Ralph Snart Adventures and Doctor Gorpon, and occasional writer/layout artist for The Real Ghostbusters. Allen Freeman himself was an awesome artist. He did awesome Ralph Snart pinups.

ralph_poster2.jpg

The book is still in print today. I try to snag a few here and there when I have the spare cash. I don't put enough of this small press stuff high enough on my priorities. I should change that. After some of my mini's end I'll try to do some rounds on this stuff. This issue in particular is what I'm looking for

slambang16.png

I believe it's the only Ralph Snart appearance I don't own.