• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is ADV 210 a "true" key? Will someone give me some guidance..?

26 posts in this topic

There is a nice old label 6.0 on ebay......offer $$$ thoughts? I've always loved this DC and this one has nice PQ. Any reprints available ?? Is the seller a Board member?

Just curious. Linky below...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADVENTURE-COMICS-210-3-55-CGC-UNIVERSAL-6-0-RARE_W0QQitemZ330419667218QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cee8c0112

a fun book...can you make an offer (shrug)

Yeah, it's a best offer type auction. Did not know where to start. But it sounds like it's overpriced.

I may make him a $1500 to $2000 offer. Hard to put a FMV to it since these books rarely come up in 6 or better. (shrug)

Thanks for the advice everyone.

In GPA the last 6.0 that sold a little over 15 momths ago (12/08) was for $875. In an auction a 6.0 would not likely go for more than 1K. A demand book for a small hard core group of collectors, but even in 6.0 would not get a premium like a nice 7.0 or better would.

tough, early pre-SA Flash DC....I wouldn't say it's in the same realm as other 50s DC Keys like Showcase 4, Adventure 247, etc..it is a fun book though...I know of 4 other copies for sale, 3 raw low grade, 1 CGC.

tough, early pre-SA Flash DC....I wouldn't say it's in the same realm as other 50s DC Keys like Showcase 4, Adventure 247, etc..it is a fun book though...I know of 4 other copies for sale, 3 raw low grade, 1 CGC.

that is the key...there are really "plenty" (relative term) copies for sale, but most are low grade... is 6.0 "high" enough to warrant a premium hm

There is a nice old label 6.0 on ebay......offer $$$ thoughts? I've always loved this DC and this one has nice PQ. Any reprints available ?? Is the seller a Board member?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADVENTURE-COMICS-210-3-55-CGC-UNIVERSAL-6-0-RARE_W0QQitemZ330419667218QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cee8c0112

I don't know if its still considered a 'key' silverage book, but I looked it up in the 1991 OPG and noticed it was the 13th most valuable silverage book, ahead of JIM 83, ASM #2, FF2, Flash 105, B&B #28 and JLA #1.

Perhaps not as coveted today, but it was a big deal 20 years ago.

I don't know if its still considered a 'key' silverage book, but I looked it up in the 1991 OPG and noticed it was the 13th most valuable silverage book, ahead of JIM 83, ASM #2, FF2, Flash 105, B&B #28 and JLA #1.

Apparently it made a 90% jump from OSPG 20th and it landed on the 14th most valuable SA comic. I wonder why such a big jump in one year. hm The tides has changed the last twenty years.

that is the key...there are really "plenty" (relative term) copies for sale, but most are low grade... is 6.0 "high" enough to warrant a premium hm

Rick, I would say maybe. If someone waits on a 7, it could be years...no kidding.

However, I JUST saved myself hundreds by deciding to drop my offer to $1000-$1500 based on this thread. Less than $1000? I think that would be an insult to the seller...Thanks to all. (thumbs u

If you're a typical female collector of comics, this may be the biggest mega-key on the planet if you're a Superman fan. I tried to buy this for an old girlfriend for years but could never find a decent copy at a decent price. :pullhair:

If you're a typical female collector of comics, this may be the biggest mega-key on the planet if you're a Superman fan. I tried to buy this for an old girlfriend for years but could never find a decent copy at a decent price. :pullhair:

ff,

What would you offer this guy ? (he has $2600 or Best Offer type auction). This is a NICE 6.0...very nice PQ and an old "strict" label.

The seller states this in his auction:

THIS BOOK IS RARE FOLKS. ONLY ONE IN THIS GRADE (6.0). THERE ARE 5 HIGHER GRADED COPIES WITH THE HIGHEST BEING A 9.0.

Thoughts ?

(shrug)

Apparently it made a 90% jump from OSPG 20th and it landed on the 14th most valuable SA comic. I wonder why such a big jump in one year. hm The tides has changed the last twenty years.

That year, Billy Mumy was on a quest to find a HG copy and there were none to be found. The story of his quest was what put the book on everyones radar. I forget exacty what he was offering for a NM copy but it was many times guide and when he couldn't find one, OS recognized its scarcity in HG and upped its value.

In 5.0 and under, it's not a hard book to find, but in 8.5 or over it's scarce.

That year, Billy Mumy was on a quest to find a HG copy and there were none to be found. The story of his quest was what put the book on everyones radar. I forget exacty what he was offering for a NM copy but it was many times guide and when he couldn't find one, OS recognized its scarcity in HG and upped its value.

If there's only 5 copies > 6.0, I'd say it's scarce > 6.0. There is only one 9.0. Here it is from the PCE website (Mohawk Valley)...not pretty IMO:

95913.jpg.8a35216e811ca21940967568ad00afab.jpg

most 50s DC is tough in 8.0+ and is considered "high" grade in 8.0+ for DC SA...

most 50s DC is tough in 8.0+ and is considered "high" grade in 8.0+ for DC SA...

50's DC 6.0's+ are the VF's and 9.0's+ are rare species.