• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69 posts in this topic

but it also sucks to punish everyone bc of a few bad eggs, you have them in everything where their are fans

Yeah, it does. But I spoke at length with him at the show and he's a pretty black and white guy. Treat him right and he'll do the same. Treat him wrong and he'll just leave. Ask Disney about that.

You never said anything to me about it. He was at Megan-Con sketching the entire weekend, and I think he was on the guest list as well. I didn't know he was in such high demand, but I guess since his last sketch sold for $250 on e-bay everyone wants one now. ;)

I had waited two years to get one, knowing he would be returning to Planet Comicon. He sketches for free, but personalizes absolutely everything. Apparently the sketch in question sold in the week or two leading up to the show.

I had a great time talking with him, and his comic knowledge is impressive. He still sketches and signs a lot. He just won't do sketch covers. That's fine, it's certainly up to him and to be clear, I'm not upset with Mr. Rosa at all.

You never said anything to me about it. He was at Megan-Con sketching the entire weekend, and I think he was on the guest list as well. I didn't know he was in such high demand, but I guess since his last sketch sold for $250 on e-bay everyone wants one now. ;)

Again with the Fox fetish...

but it also sucks to punish everyone bc of a few bad eggs, you have them in everything where their are fans

Yeah, it does. But I spoke at length with him at the show and he's a pretty black and white guy. Treat him right and he'll do the same. Treat him wrong and he'll just leave. Ask Disney about that.

ya people that are "black and white" can be difficult to deal with sometimes

my bro's like that....untill i get anoied and tell him to shut up and the world is full of gray areas (i don't say it this nicely either)

but i also wouldn't be this foward to most (well also would matter how pissed i'm getting) depends on how well i know them/if i cared if i pissed them off

Dude I can't believe I keep doing that..I did watch Transformers..again :cloud9:

As far as the "sketch in question" It was sold under good intentions.. I know the seller ;) But that's a different story for another thread at a later date.

You should check your PMs and give him a call sometime tonight. :thumbsup:

Dude I can't believe I keep doing that..I did watch Transformers..again :cloud9:

As far as the "sketch in question" It was sold under good intentions.. I know the seller ;) But that's a different story for another thread at a later date.

You should check your PMs and give him a call sometime tonight. :thumbsup:

Dude,get your head out of the gutter lol

It's not this thread. It's people that get a sketch from an artist, white out a personalization and then throw it up on the 'bay. Like that artist isn't going to remember his own work from a couple of weeks before. I only wish I was making it up, but I'm not. I heard it from the artist's mouth. So far that artist still sketches, but I wouldn't be surprised if he quit. So lame.

It's not this thread. It's people that get a sketch from an artist, white out a personalization and then throw it up on the 'bay. Like that artist isn't going to remember his own work from a couple of weeks before. I only wish I was making it up, but I'm not. I heard it from the artist's mouth. So far that artist still sketches, but I wouldn't be surprised if he quit. So lame.

I really don't understand this mentality. I would be flattered if something I sketched commanded a large sum of money. Once I realized that could happen, I would crank them out until people couldn't stand to look at them any longer.

Well that sketch was almost a year old....

So that makes it alright to black out/white out a personalization and sell on Ebay or whatever?

No Mr. Newkingintown what makes it alright is that we live in the U.S.A. free trade. Anyone can sell anything within reason, as long as it does not violate the law.

What if YOU had the sketch and YOU need an extra $250 to pay your bills...