• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age Keys NOT in 9.8

99 posts in this topic

Checking the latest census... these books (1980-1995) have been submitted at least 20 times without receiving a CGC 9.8:

Albedo 3

Really? hm

Yep, 27 tries, no 9.8s.

There's only 1 9.8 for Albedo 2, after 67 universal submissions (plus a 9.8 signature series).

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/customissues.asp?title=Albedo&issuestart=0&issueend=99999&yearstart=1984&yearend=1986

Checking the latest census... these books (1980-1995) have been submitted at least 20 times without receiving a CGC 9.8:

Albedo 3

Really? hm

Yep, 27 tries, no 9.8s.

There's only 1 9.8 for Albedo 2, after 67 universal submissions (plus a 9.8 signature series).

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/customissues.asp?title=Albedo&issuestart=0&issueend=99999&yearstart=1984&yearend=1986

Albedo 2 has two 9.8's - one Universal, one SS? :o

Albedo 3

Really? hm

Yep, 27 tries, no 9.8s.

Albedo 2 has two 9.8's - one Universal, one SS. :o

Is there an echo in here? :kidaround:

Albedo 3

Really? hm

Yep, 27 tries, no 9.8s.

Albedo 2 has two 9.8's - one Universal, one SS. :o

Is there an echo in here? :kidaround:

lol

Sorry - that was supposed to be a question mark - not a period.

:blush:

Would a Primer 6 be worth subbing for purely financial reasons? In other words, I wouldn't sub it to keep, but I have one that could possibly be a 9.6 or 9.8. Just not sure if it's worth the cost.

In 9.8, it's probably a $60-75 book - if it comes back a 9.6, you'd be lucky to cover the slabbing fees.

If you're doing a 9.8 pre-screen, I'd send it in ... you never know, there might be some people out there who have a hankering for the 1st appearance of "a sexy killer vigilante nun" :ohnoez:

Would a Primer 6 be worth subbing for purely financial reasons? In other words, I wouldn't sub it to keep, but I have one that could possibly be a 9.6 or 9.8. Just not sure if it's worth the cost.

In 9.8, it's probably a $60-75 book - if it comes back a 9.6, you'd be lucky to cover the slabbing fees.

If you're doing a 9.8 pre-screen, I'd send it in ... you never know, there might be some people out there who have a hankering for the 1st appearance of "a sexy killer vigilante nun" :ohnoez:

If he does get a 9.8 it would be the first on census and I'm pretty sure Nick (Bosco) would be very interested in that!

Submit it and see what you get back. Especially before the rates go up. If you go through someone with a dealer discount, you'll spend all of $14 + shipping.

Just don't put it up for a charity auction. Someone may receive it and not agree with the grading. :ohnoez:

Albedo 3

Really? hm

Not any more!! :grin:

It was bound to happen. Just glad it was you.

:applause: