• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mods!!!

59 posts in this topic

how do you become a mod? is it a paid position? any benefits? are they collectors? do they do it from home? etc

nobody actually answered this question... :sumo:

Will you please stick to the topic of Gena Carano? :sumo:

how do you become a mod? is it a paid position? any benefits? are they collectors? do they do it from home? etc

Oh. Pity.

who?

who?

Ms. Carano is the lady in Dice's sig line. She is so unbelievably hot and she is an MMA fighter. If I was ever even in the same state as she was in, I would spontaneously combust.

who?

Ms. Carano is the lady in Dice's sig line. She is so unbelievably hot and she is an MMA fighter. If I was ever even in the same state as she was in, I would spontaneously combust.

gina_carano_maxim33.jpg

very hot, but something about a chick that can beat me sensless is scary lol

who?

gina_carano_maxim33.jpg

very hot, but something about a chick that can beat me sensless is scary lol

I volunteer if she's wanting to beat someone senseless. :takeit:

who?

I get the impression she is always on top when she wants to be.

who?

Please baby take advantage :luhv:

who?

MMA fighter? i could believe that...she looks like she gets hit in the face alot.

who?

I have no problem letting her have the top position. <3

So, is the gecko English or Australian? That may haunt me the rest of my days. :eek:

Mystery answered, courtesy of Wikipedia.

The company's ads sometimes focus on its reptilian mascot, Martin the Gecko, an anthropomorphic Day Gecko created by The Martin Agency and most recently a CGI creature generated by Framestore CFC. The gecko first appeared in 1999 during the Screen Actors Guild strike that prevented the use of live actors.[3] In the original commercial, where the gecko pleads for people to stop calling him in error, mistaking gecko for GEICO, he was thought to have been voiced by Kelsey Grammer. In the subsequent commercials, (which portray him as a representative of the company), the gecko speaks with an English (Cockney) accent, because it would be unexpected, according to Martin Agency's Steve Bassett. Paul Morgan, a British actor and comedian, is the current voice of the GEICO gecko. In current commercials the gecko's accent is more working-class, perhaps in an effort to further "humanize" him.[4] "As computer animation got better and as we got to know the character better, we did a few things," says Steve Bassett, creative director at The Martin Agency. "We wanted to make him a little more guy-next-door. And he looks a lot more real than he's looked before."[3] A recent ad shows the gecko in a GEICO sales meeting. One of the people at the meeting says, "I could sell more insurance too if I was green with a British accent." to which a female counterpart says, "British? I thought you're from Australia." The commercial concludes with the gecko saying, "Actually I'm from-" and the commercial cuts off.

The original gecko was most assuredly voiced by Kelsey Grammer. Dunno why Wiki is unclear on that.

lock, why?

:jokealert:

You're not French are you?

:baiting:

:o roy, i was actually starting to like you....im English!!! just working in Canada until i can get myself a place in Florida (and lay in the sun all day long) and you just blatently insult me by acusing me of being French...im hurt, really hurt!

(PS my life sort of mirrors Byrne's...Englishman, moves to Canada, then America...and I can also be a bit of an *spoon* as well)

That's why I did it.

I know you're English bub.

:foryou:

Reminds me of a joke.

Englishman walks out of a bar (no really, there's more) and needs to go wee wee on the way home.

He stops at the side of the road to go on a nice flowerbed.

Officer stops him in midstream and tells him to follow him.

They walk about 1/2 a block and the officer tells him to go on this other flowerbed.

After the drunk relieves himself, he asks the officer what the difference was.

The officer explains that this is the French Embassy.

No offense at all intended. I love French and British people!

:foryou:

did they surrender?

OK - absolute funniest post of the year :roflmao:

:gossip:and I'm part French-Canadian

Answer: 'Well, they their pants first, but yes, their next move was surrender...,'