• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

They are The MEN IN BLACK.

24 posts in this topic

Of course I'm talking about the way BETTER comic series that inspired the movie you either love or hate.

143102-18814-111158-1-men-in-black_large.jpg Have you read this 3 part series? What did you think of it?

I liked it. I thought it was great as it focused more on the Paranormal rather then the Alien (Although there were those too) But I think the third story about the ''Demon'' was far better then anything seen in the movies.

Also it was a far more ''realistic'' subdued & dark feel (which I enjoyed) instead of the noisy & light attitude of the movies.

RMA and I were just discussing this series not too long ago. I furiously tracked down copies of both series and had had them for several years. I finally read them when i was doing some re-bagging and checking grades. I was underwhelmed to say the least. I did like the demon story the best of all of them. It had a little bit of the danger/humor combo.

I was a big fan of the movie and only tracked these down after the movie hype had hit. So those who were into the series may have thought the movie was too campy. I thought it was great, and found the comics to be a little too staid. I also thought the art was amateurish.

I thought it was great, and found the comics to be a little too staid. I also thought the art was amateurish.

Ya, the art stunk! :P My only real hang-up on this.

I thought it was great, and found the comics to be a little too staid. I also thought the art was amateurish.

Try the Terminator series from Now Comics, Vol. 1. The stories were interesting (just re-read the entire 17-issue run). The artwork was like some 10-year old was hired off the street to sketch out whatever they liked.

Try the Terminator series from Now Comics, Vol. 1. The stories were interesting (just re-read the entire 17-issue run). The artwork was like some 10-year old was hired off the street to sketch out whatever they liked.

Some of the cover art :cloud9: I love the cover to the first issue. I think it came out in 1988. I have a bunch of them somewhere. hm

Some of the cover art :cloud9: I love the cover to the first issue. I think it came out in 1988. I have a bunch of them somewhere. hm

:o

:popcorn:

Terminator or MIB?

Terminator or MIB?

Terminator.

nowcomics.jpg

Terminator or MIB?

Terminator.

nowcomics.jpg

NICE! But shouldn't there be blood under the skin? hm

I think earlier models aren't biological. They have plastic looking skin and only look like humans from a distance. But they could have retconned that in later because the comics didn't show any blood hm

I think earlier models aren't biological. They have plastic looking skin and only look like humans from a distance. But they could have retconned that in later because the comics didn't show any blood hm

Good point, because that was the other thing with Now Comics Terminator books. Even when someone was shot, it looked like they threw a tomato at themselves just to have this splotchy look.

Whoa!

That beat Juggernaut's sale on Ebay by quite a bit.

I had a feeling this person would resell. This is exactly the outcome I was hoping for. :devil:

I remember when you bought those books from Abracadabra oh so long ago. How far they have come.

:applause: