• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG SHOW AND TELL! JUMBO 9 - FINEST IN EXISTENCE?!?!?!

90 posts in this topic

I sold Jerry Buss over 100 Fiction House at San Diego con in 1995. I don't think he collects anymore though. He was very nice and had a guy with him just to carry the books. He left my table loaded down with golden age.

and you were left holding a buttload of cash :headbang:

Bill, exactly how much cash can you fit in your butt?

Ha ha! Until the book is graded, it means nothing in today's market. It may be unrestored, but you never know what CGC will find down there :-)

All sorts of alarm bells are going off after a statement like this.

Assuming that you're not another shill and just getting carried away with a novice's enthusiasm, please, don't destroy your reputation in just your first few days on the boards by making such an incredibly stupid statement.

Chillax Rita.

I think Gerber should have made this a higher index number.

Wow - 6 copies just from board members so far, maybe Gerber should have made it a lower number not higher.

;) kidding there, as six is more than I've seen in the last 10 years combined.

seems common as the day is long, doesn't it.... I sold my copy last year (was a gd at best)....otherwise, we would have "7"

He was very nice and had a guy with him just to carry the books. He left my table loaded down with golden age.

Jerry has a guy to carry his books.

Bill has a guy to stuff cash in his butt.

I would argue that my copy is nicer then his 6.5

If you squint your eyes till they are almost closed when you look at it. :grin:

DSC00086.jpg

does Peter (rarehighgrade) have the MH jumbo 9, or just the first 8 (I get so overwhelmed with his collection, tough for me to remember)

Don't know, but here are the first 8...

I remember them the next year... and I think he has the MH 9 (NM copy (shrug) )

he does not. i know who does, as it was offered to me. too rich for my blood, so i put peter on the info, but i think he felt like i did, that the price was a little out of hand, and he did not get it.

He was very nice and had a guy with him just to carry the books. He left my table loaded down with golden age.

Jerry has a guy to carry his books.

Bill has a guy to stuff cash in his butt.

i was nowhere near san diego that year.

does Peter (rarehighgrade) have the MH jumbo 9, or just the first 8 (I get so overwhelmed with his collection, tough for me to remember)

he does not. i know who does, as it was offered to me. too rich for my blood, so i put peter on the info, but i think he felt like i did, that the price was a little out of hand, and he did not get it.

that's right, you told me...I thought I had heard peter's name somehow in the same sentence (thumbs u

I would argue that my copy is nicer then his 6.5

If you squint your eyes till they are almost closed when you look at it. :grin:

DSC00086.jpg

Well Kenny, it does have nice colors - make sure to post a pic after you work some magic on it.

Wow! Well, at least I am starting to get used to the names on here.

Again all, my apologies for my statement to Mr. Berk!

No offense intended, no offense taken!.......and it "Jon" or JB....

Let's not lose sight of what a great book Jumbo 9 is and the wonderful Lou Fine cover.

I love the oversized books...accounting for Jumbo 1-8, Master 1-6, New Fun 1-6, Mickey Mouse Magazine etc.

jb

96023.jpg.da6de41264ce83432bcc52e106544f84.jpg

96025.jpg.ea941097b476dd92e18d917f947abea3.jpg

96026.jpg.981b8ee72e22bba15eac1fac899904c9.jpg

Wow! Well, at least I am starting to get used to the names on here.

Again all, my apologies for my statement to Mr. Berk!

No offense intended, no offense taken!.......and it "Jon" or JB....

Let's not lose sight of what a great book Jumbo 9 is and the wonderful Lou Fine cover. jb

now I wish I hadn't of sold mine :cry:

BP, what grade would you say the book is?

BP, what grade would you say the book is?

never got to see it; the price they shot me ended it all rather quickly, so never got to the scan phase.

There was a Jumbo 9 in the Windy City collection.

My notes state: "small spine split; bottom staple loose; browning." I believe my reference to "staple loose" meant that the cover was loosely attached rather than a staple pull. A "small spine split" would have been no more than an inch or so.

I graded it VG then (1986), but it wouldn't surprise me if it's actually a bit better. I sold it at the 1986 Chicago Comicon for $200.

If any of the copies mentioned look like this - you may have the Windy City copy!