• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for advice on missing purchase from online comic site

10 posts in this topic

So here is my issue with a recent online site/non-ebay purchase. Seems like I have a decent chance at getting it resolved, so not crying foul or wanting to tarnish the sites name just yet. Although the thoughts of getting burned for five bills is necessitating a reach out for advice to my fellow boardies.

Bought a book for nearly $500 in Feb, sent in a check within days. I had already bought a higher dollar book at the site's Feb auction and also had sent in a check a week or so earlier. Followed up those purchases with another for a small dollar book ($55), for which I sent a money order.

Got the high dollar book from the sites auction about four weeks ago. About three weeks ago, I got the small dollar book. No sign of the $500 book. (shrug)

Check cleared my bank in early March.

I sent an email, no reply. I sent another email and got a reply today stating that the book was shipped with the smaller dollar book. :cry:

I looked at the gent's sig line, saw the number for customer service and called to inform them that the $500 book did not ship with the smaller dollar book. The guy that picked-up for customer service was pretty nice and promised to look into the issue. He sounded genuine and he promised a call back tomorrow. I'm hopeful :wishluck:

I shared the fact that the box didn't have the high dollar book and the shipping weight was only 2 lbs. I weighed the box itself at 15 oz without the packing peanuts. With a slab it was nearly 2 lbs and with a second slab it was nearly three, so there is no way it could have held both slabs. Tomorrow I think I'll fax the invoice that was sent with the box that shows the lower dollar book only.

Again, the guy from customer service that I spoke to was very helpful and promised a follow-up call tomorrow after he did some digging, so I'm hopeful they locate the book.

Anyone ran into anything similar? If so, how has it turned out for you? The site does not strike me as untrustworthy, so I'm hoping it's just a case where someone entered something wrong somewhere. It sure causes some heartburn though :sick:

Similar problem with ComicLink and it was resolved.

I won three books, one in the auction and two from the regular listings. I paid for them all together. A while later I got two of my books but not the third. I sent the usual e-mails into the abyss to be ignored. My dad also picked up some books about the same time, so before I had to call them yet again, I decided to wait and see if they just screwed up and shipped him the book by accident (we have the same name but live in different cities). He did not get the book.

I called ComicLink and was told they shipped it to me. I told them I didn't get it. He put me on hold and then about five minutes later told me it was shipped with my dad's books. I told them that I had waited for him to get his books and it was not shipped to him. I was then given to someone else . After a short wait, he said they had misplaced the book and have been looking for it. He then gave me the option of refunding the money for the book or letting them hang on to the money and hope the book turns up. He also credited my account the $14 for shipping the book that did not go out.

I found their resolution fair.

I was still annoyed that their first two statements were that they had done their job and shipped the book instead of actually finding out the real story before just saying something convenient in an apparent effort to get me to go away. As it turns out, it was not the last time ComicLink has failed to contact me about a problem on their end with an order. Their policy seems to wait for the customer to get frustrated enough to call them before they deal with anything.

Similar problem with ComicLink and it was resolved.

I won three books, one in the auction and two from the regular listings. I paid for them all together. A while later I got two of my books but not the third. I sent the usual e-mails into the abyss to be ignored. My dad also picked up some books about the same time, so before I had to call them yet again, I decided to wait and see if they just screwed up and shipped him the book by accident (we have the same name but live in different cities). He did not get the book.

I called ComicLink and was told they shipped it to me. I told them I didn't get it. He put me on hold and then about five minutes later told me it was shipped with my dad's books. I told them that I had waited for him to get his books and it was not shipped to him. I was then given to someone else . After a short wait, he said they had misplaced the book and have been looking for it. He then gave me the option of refunding the money for the book or letting them hang on to the money and hope the book turns up. He also credited my account the $14 for shipping the book that did not go out.

I found their resolution fair.

I was still annoyed that their first two statements were that they had done their job and shipped the book instead of actually finding out the real story before just saying something convenient in an apparent effort to get me to go away. As it turns out, it was not the last time ComicLink has failed to contact me about a problem on their end with an order. Their policy seems to wait for the customer to get frustrated enough to call them before they deal with anything.

Thanks PK! The fact that you had this issue and it was resolved is fantastic news!

I called ComicLink and was told they shipped it to me. I told them I didn't get it. He put me on hold and then about five minutes later told me it was shipped with my dad's books. I told them that I had waited for him to get his books and it was not shipped to him. I was then given to someone else . After a short wait, he said they had misplaced the book and have been looking for it.

OMFG, that was the most hilarious thing I've read in a long while.

Sounds like customer service at some Asian knock-off dealer, giving you one BS excuse after another, then finally telling you the truth after you dispute their latest round of BS.

I cannot believe you people still buy from this place. :roflmao:

Mistakes happen, especially with a place that does lots of volume. More volume = more possible mistakes.

Good luck!

Mistakes happen, especially with a place that does lots of volume. More volume = more possible mistakes.

Good luck!

Mistakes also happen at places where the owners, who started small doing everything themselves, find success and make a load of cash but don't hire enough people to meet that demand with that cash. It does sound like they realize that now and are improving their customer service so that is good.