• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo April 24th & 25th

9 posts in this topic

I don't know if a thread has been started yet, but I was just checking out the website and I am amazed at the quality of the guest list that Ken et al have pulled together for the Calgary show again. I was there as a seller at the initial one a few years ago, and I must commend that group on how fast they have grown the event.

Here is the guest list: http://www.calgaryexpo.com/special-guests

How many boardies will be attending?

They are going all out bringing in media guests like Leonard Nimoy and Data (Brent Spiner), comic creators Claremont, Bruce Timm, Len Wein, Eric Powell, Dale Keown, etc. Show is bigger than anything Vancouver comicons can organize and Vancouver has a larger population base. :cry:

I had a great time last year, talking to folks about the Shuster Awards and taking subs for CGC. This is a fun show. Unfortunately I couldn't make it back out there this year as I had already committed to some meetings at the "other" C2E2 next week and it's my girlfriend's birthday on the 23rd (and she didn't want to go).

Here is the second last line in Ken's e-mail to exhibitors today:

"Our advance ticket sales are through the roof so be ready for really big

crowds."

Here's hoping it tops last year in eye candy and sales! :wishluck: