• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: STRANGE TALES 135 CGC 9.4 (1st Nick Fury) - SOLD!!!!

39 posts in this topic

HISTORY This comic was purchased from Doug Sulipa when he still had his store front Comic World in Winnipeg on Portage Ave circa 1988. The deluxe format Nick Fury vs. Shield had just come out and I was curious as to Nick's 1st app. Doug or one of his employees enlightened me and said they might have a copy, turns out they did but it was beat to death and I asked if there was something in a little better shape. A few weeks later I had purchased the copy, Doug called it pretty nice - close to NM or something if I recall, that now resides in this slab. It was slabbed last summer with my Collector's Society coupons and has been in my collection for 21 years. Now it can be yours, so, Carpe Diem!!!! :takeit:

CGC Serial # 0947885003

Cost:$5000.00 FIRM

Shipping:I will pay for shipping inside North America, with insurance and all the bells and whistles. Outside North America, I'll spring for 1/2 of the cost.

Questions:Well this book is the real deal and as far as I know only three people have owned it, the original owner, me - Doug for the time it was in his possession.

ST135CGC94.jpg

ST135CGC94back.jpg

Yes, it's an easy seller if priced right at VF- and below. Really ramps up in price 8.0 and above. And 9.4's and above are unheard of. Consider it a Green Lantern 76 sleeper. It's a Marvel SA semi key that's quickly becoming a key, if it's not already.

Ed

DAMN! Is that what this book goes for in 9.4? Not questioning your pricing, just... WOW!

That's actually WELL under GPA.

2009 Avg (3) $4,893 12Mnth Avg (2) $5,178 90Day Avg (1) $5,555

(thumbs u

:gossip:

Clink Rocky mt just sold for $4600...2 months ago..

DAMN! Is that what this book goes for in 9.4? Not questioning your pricing, just... WOW!

That's actually WELL under GPA.

2009 Avg (3) $4,893 12Mnth Avg (2) $5,178 90Day Avg (1) $5,555

(thumbs u

:gossip:

Clink Rocky mt just sold for $4600...2 months ago..

Thanks for reminding us. :cry:

I feel the same way...I was the underbidder.... :(

I was the waaaaay underbidder. lol Think I only had a tracking bid on it, and then decided I probably needed to make the house payment instead. I bought the 9.0 on Heritage on Sunday instead for 1/8th of the price.

I've been actively watching that book ramp up for several years now. I just never "bit" because I was never a Fury fan. Boy, now I wish I grabbed a bunch of high grade copies years ago.

:cry: