• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Just Certified a Second New Mutants 98 in 9.9

452 posts in this topic

Isn't this were some old school collector chimes in that all moderns are worthless?

:baiting:

lol

Probably. I'm not that guy, though.

Moderns have low print runs, and have minimal/no overprinting. Supply side, they have potential. It's the demand side (i.e. collector base going forward) that matters.

Quote trimmed for brevity.

:o

BLASPHEMY!

I think there is some data bias in that experienced collectors know that 9.6 post 1980 isn't worth slabbing, and so prescreen to 9.8.

Absoutely correct, which is why numbers can only point to trends, and are not concrete indicators out of context.

Unfortunately, you're right in that many books in 9.8 holders are somewhat questionable.

That's really the nail in the coffin: the direct physical evidence of the books themselves.

(as totally irrelevant aside, did anyone notice that, prior to 3/1/2010, there were only FOUR 9.8s from the 1930's....but between 3/1 and 4/12, SEVEN additional 9.8s showed up...? Freaky!)

A dealer i know recently subbed about 15 Mile highs from this period, im not for sure of his grades but it could be related.

(as totally irrelevant aside, did anyone notice that, prior to 3/1/2010, there were only FOUR 9.8s from the 1930's....but between 3/1 and 4/12, SEVEN additional 9.8s showed up...? Freaky!)

A dealer i know recently subbed about 15 Mile highs from this period, im not for sure of his grades but it could be related.

Awesome.

9.8s from the 1930's = :luhv:

Awesome.

9.8s from the 1930's = :luhv:

It's to bad so many books from that era didn't make it in higher grade.