• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you use to clean your slab?

50 posts in this topic

I know there was a thread awhile back talking of this....but I never really got a good conclusive answer out of it. What has somebody used (tried & true and happy with the LONG term results) to clean/dust/polish up etc. their CGC holders? (shrug)

The general census to get sticker residue off is "Goo Gone" or lighter fluid. I just would like to see if one could be concluded about cleaning a slab. :wishluck:

I just get rid of the entire slab - no CGC residue at all left then :thumbsup:

Way to go Lizards! Hello fellow slab cracker!

Oh come on, can't I get a couple helpful posts before these start in! lol

OK - don't pay the premium on CGC books! :thumbsup:

Way to go Lizards! Hello fellow slab cracker!

Woot! I buy slabs to prove restoration (or not) and crack 'um open. I trust my own conservation.

Dan

Isn't bagging your slab suppose to prevent that problem?

Has anyone started double bagging their slabs using mylite2 yet?

If not , I'm sure it will be the standard any day now. Pretty soon you won't be able to see the book and they'll have to install a camera or provide you with pictures of it for that. :)

Much obliged, but there is another thing "It's called reading. Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps." (Tommy Boy)

As I noted I know there was a thread about this, but I never really understood if products people were listing had been used on their slabs or just other plastics. Below is what I wrote:

"Like S.M. was wondering.......a lot of people posted a bunch of products.. (some I have used before on other plastics and do work great)

But has anyone actually used any of these on CGC cases?

I just know plastics are all different and some products work better on certain plastics and some can make matters worse.

Any input? (shrug) "

I only got a little feedback. Hence why the new post. I just have quite a few scratches and or marring on a good number of my slabs. I would love to get rid of them and not ruin the slabs even more in the process that's all.