• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The forum member formerly known as "Havok"

30 posts in this topic

Yep, her and I have bought several silver and bronze age books together that was one. We also bought an x-men 39 graded and a few raw books right when cgc first popped up that came back pretty sweet.

Does she have a sister? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Berserker was THE Game!!!! I loved it! Better watch out for the Happy Dum-Dum though (that's what we used to call the bouncing head).

"Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!" Berzerker was a great game - still is, in fact; I've got the original version running on my laptop, along with its less-well-known successor, "Frenzy," which is also great. Amazing how some of the simplest games (graphics- and gameplay-wise) are still among the most memorable and engaging. Robotron, anyone?

if you guys like those games tryout a baddasss arcade emulator called MAME. Multiple arcade machine emulator. I got like 500 original arcade games on my pc and it rocks. Also, for nintendo nes try nesticle. You can dowload NES roms for it. Also try psx for playstation games. You can get usb converters to use any controller on your pc so you arent stuck with a keyboard, or if you are really series, try out a custom arcade controller from www.treyonics.com and step up with the big boys.

Berserker was THE Game!!!! I loved it! Better watch out for the Happy Dum-Dum though (that's what we used to call the bouncing head).

"Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!" Berzerker was a great game - still is, in fact; I've got the original version running on my laptop, along with its less-well-known successor, "Frenzy," which is also great. Amazing how some of the simplest games (graphics- and gameplay-wise) are still among the most memorable and engaging. Robotron, anyone?

is there a link to a FREE DL? whenever i played that video game as a kid and the "intruder alert" came on, the adrenaline was a pumping through my veins like bane! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

if you guys like those games tryout a baddasss arcade emulator called MAME. Multiple arcade machine emulator. I got like 500 original arcade games on my pc and it rocks. Also, for nintendo nes try nesticle. You can dowload NES roms for it. Also try psx for playstation games. You can get usb converters to use any controller on your pc so you arent stuck with a keyboard, or if you are really series, try out a custom arcade controller from www.treyonics.com and step up with the big boys.

I love my MAME and highly recommend it!! However, I was unable to get to the PO today as I told you yesterday...tomorrow though... shy.gif

Here is a website www.mameworld.net, www.mame.net,www.mameromlinks.com,www.classicgaming.com and finally, to get all those great roms and to spend countless hrs on the internet for no other reason, you need a pay subscription to www.newshosting.com (which you will discover after doing research on those above listed websites)

NP Mike

I had to delete Mame from my computer because I wasn't getting any real work done. Punch Out was one of my favorites. Gyruss too. And Tron. Let's not forget Tron. I once had the high score on Tron at Disneyland.

Man, do I miss my MAME. (We need a graemlin for "pining for the old days" here)

Here is a website www.mameworld.net, www.mame.net,www.mameromlinks.com,www.classicgaming.com and finally, to get all those great roms and to spend countless hrs on the internet for no other reason, you need a pay subscription to www.newshosting.com (which you will discover after doing research on those above listed websites)

NP Mike

man, im still there. Whats cool is they have hacked roms for super mario brothers and metroid from NES to work on mame. This is on top of all the 80s classics and early 90s stuff like x-men, tmnt (all arcade versions) and other stuff right when i was getting out of gaming like mortal combat (ive got 5 different versions), and ummmm ikari warriors. The list goes on and on. Im thinking this summer for my 28th b-day I might try and talk my wife into going in with me on one of those super huge treyonic custom arcade controllers so I can play outrun, tron, and any regular game on the same huge controller. We'll see 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I got Tron working pretty well with a Logitech trackball. You have to get used to aiming with the trackball, but once you get the hang of it, it's just as easy as aiming with the twisty knob on the real video game. I actually beat my arcade high score on while playing MAME.

man, im still there. Whats cool is they have hacked roms for super mario brothers and metroid from NES to work on mame. This is on top of all the 80s classics and early 90s stuff like x-men, tmnt (all arcade versions) and other stuff right when i was getting out of gaming like mortal combat (ive got 5 different versions), and ummmm ikari warriors. The list goes on and on. Im thinking this summer for my 28th b-day I might try and talk my wife into going in with me on one of those super huge treyonic custom arcade controllers so I can play outrun, tron, and any regular game on the same huge controller. We'll see 893crossfingers-thumb.gif