• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2 Panel - Early Chicago Comics Fandom and Stores

13 posts in this topic

if you're planning on attending the upcoming Chicago Comics and Entertainment Expo at McCormick Place this weekend some of us have put together a special treat for you.

On Saturday at 12:15 in Room E352 there's a panel on Chicago Comics Fandom from the 60's through the 70's - including a history of the back issue and comics stores of the time as well as the original Chicago Comicon. I've been asked to participate with Larry Charet, Ron Massengill, Mike Gold, George Breo, Jim Wisniewski and Jim Engel. The moderator is J.J. Sedelmaier.

Before we get started there will be a special tribute to our friend Joe Sarno who recently passed away.

I think this is something you're not going to want to miss.

See you there.

Gary

Gary, is there any possibility of taping this?

I've been asked this by four different people, Roy. I have no idea what Reed Expo is doing, but my guess is nothing...

There is discussion in the GA forum about taping this. Our own aardvark88 might be doing it with some help from another board member.

:wishluck:

I think the tough part will be getting the audio.

Gary, is there any possibility of taping this?

I've been asked this by four different people, Roy. I have no idea what Reed Expo is doing, but my guess is nothing...

There is discussion in the GA forum about taping this. Our own aardvark88 might be doing it with some help from another board member.

:wishluck:

I think the tough part will be getting the audio.

Get yourself a boom mic and act as the sound engineer

I would pay money $$ to hear r1970d and greggy rap an introduction for Moondog. They should put out a hat on the seminar floor to raise funds for more comic$. :applause:

I'd take that gig. I'd even write the lyrics. It's be a smash.

:cool: