• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We should all hook-up in San Deigo this year?

36 posts in this topic

I'll surely be there to meet you guys as it will be my 12th trip in a row to the SD con. My friend and I have always gone together but we have never had anyone else to talk to at the con before so this should be fun. Speaking of... the year before last I witnessed Mark Hamill shooting Comic Book: The Movie and lo and behold... I'M IN IT!!! Well, at least you can clearly see me walking by Skywalker and turning my head towards him "to oggle" as I pass by, about 33 minutes into the film. ----Sid

P.S. If you haven't booked your hotel room yet you better do so ASAP. Of the 20 or so associated hotels with the con all but two or three are already sold out. The few that are left are the cheapest ones but they are also the farthest away, although there are free con shuttles that will get you there and back. Book at www.comic-con.org.

It isn't my experience that the hotels listed on the Con website are the cheapest ones in town. I usually end up at one of the nearby Comfort Inns. Of course, the downside to this is that there's no shuttle to the convention center, but I have a car with me, so it works out fine.

I couldn't come to the forum dinner last year, as my wife's band was performing at the Orange County Fair that night. I should be able to make this year's no problem.

Can anyone post that pic from last year's dinner? Would be fun to see...

Greggy is wearing the short shorts. Odin is to the left of him, Rickdogg (shorts also) is to the right. The two tall guys in the back row on the right side of the pic are House (glasses) and Bonds (blonde hair). The guy on the far right (w/ the hat on) is Buena_Vista.

That's all I can recall right now (Sorry everyone I missed sorry.gif) w/out digging the thread back up......

Oh yeah, I wasn't there so I'm not in the pic.

Greggy is wearing the short shorts. Odin is to the left of him, Rickdogg (shorts also) is to the right. The two tall guys in the back row on the right side of the pic are House (glasses) and Bonds (blonde hair). The guy on the far right (w/ the hat on) is Buena_Vista.

Yes but which one of the two guys in shorts is Greggy ???

Neither of the shorts look ridiculously short.

What a letdown anyway !!!!!!!!

After so much fuss and notoriety, I was expecting something far more controversial, like the time I DJ'd in rugby shorts.

But this pic was an undramatic letdown at the end of the day.

By the way - PLEASE TAKE NOTE - THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY QUEST !!!!!