• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Irredeemable #11

4 posts in this topic

Wow, wow, wow, WOW!!!!

I was a month behind on some of my comics so forgive me, but man, this title just keeps getting better and better. Plutonian visits his foster parents(who haven't spoken a word since they shipped him out, for fear he would hear them). Ends up frying them, totally toast, and leaves his handicapped brother(because of an accident that plutonian had when he was a kid, and Plutonian resents him and his parents because his foster parents chose the brother over him), who can't even feed himself, in a wheelchair, all alone in the house to and mess himself and starve to death.

Absolutely brutal, and brilliant at the same time. Mark Waid is pulling no punches with this series. Most comics aren't brave enough to make villains, actually villainous...but here Mark Waid has taken a man, much like Superman, broken him down, and made him more evil than any villain created as far back as I remember.

If you are not reading this comic, you need to be.