• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do you excel?

138 posts in this topic

As for Don Rosa, I talked to him about it at a Mid-Ohio con and I also have a tape of a local access TV show interview he did in 2000 where he shows his comic vault that contains his set. In the show, he uses his set to define what a collector his: a person like him that "needs" every issue of a series even though he knows that there are tons of issues in there that he does not want to read but falls nicely in that hole grin.gif Don't we all know that feeling!

Another book that is impossible is GS Avengers #2, only 1 9.4+ copy (last time I checked).

devil.gifcloud9.gifhi.gif

You are getting very sleepy.... your eyelids are getting heavy.... I am going to count to 5 and when you wake up, you will sell your GS Avengers #2 to Werner Von Doom...... 1 2 3 4 5!

Another book that is impossible is GS Avengers #2, only 1 9.4+ copy (last time I checked).

devil.gifcloud9.gifhi.gif

You are getting very sleepy.... your eyelids are getting heavy.... I am going to count to 5 and when you wake up, you will sell your GS Avengers #2 to Werner Von Doom...... 1 2 3 4 5!

sleeping.gif

397962-gsavengers02g.jpg

397962-gsavengers02g.jpg.8b1944c743689fa9fa57fc37bb9e06a7.jpg

I was wondering:

1. What you excel in eg. Genre, title, publisher etc. ?

2. Do you think you are one of the biggest collectors in that area?

Danny

1. I'm mainly focused on SA Marvel comics, mostly FF, ASM and Thor.

2. Far from it, but I've got a nice near complete JIM/Thor run from #102 to #156, mostly CGC in 7.5 to 9.2

Fred wink.gif

I was wondering:

1. What you excel in eg. Genre, title, publisher etc. ?

2. Do you think you are one of the biggest collectors in that area?

Danny

1. Original JLA.

2. Depends on what else the presumed holder of JLA 1 9.4, 2 9.6 and 3 9.2 has. From the peers that I do know my collection holds up quite well. Then there's also the issue of HG collectors who may not have submitted their books for grading. But I don't know who they would be and what they would have.

1. The Bruce Jones Anthologies. I have a copy of every Twisted Tales, Alien Worlds, Pathways To Fantasy published.

2. No idea.

I enjoy anthology comics in general. In addition to the Bruce Jones books, I have collected the entire run of Epic Illustrated and I am in the process of collecting every issue of Star*Reach. I plan to collect Eclipse Magazine as well.

gsavengers02.jpg

I love that issue! Must have been among the very first books I bought personally off the rack at the age of 10... sadly, I read my copy into the ground and at the moment it's the 1 issue out of the first five GS Avengers that I don't have frown.gif

Thanks for the memories, tho 893applaud-thumb.gif

Let me know when you find them, and be sure to pick up that gem GSWBN#2 while your at it!! insane.gif

I have a line on a NM copy of GSWBN #2, although how CGC grades is another matter. They are very lenient with some of the GS books I have seen graded.

Let me know when you find them, and be sure to pick up that gem GSWBN#2 while your at it!! insane.gif

I have a line on a NM copy of GSWBN #2, although how CGC grades is another matter. They are very lenient with some of the GS books I have seen graded.

I think they may be a little lenient up to 9.2 or 9.4 but it is really hard to get these Giant-Size graded 9.6 or over.