• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shark's C2E2 Trip Report

57 posts in this topic

I have read other posts in here about how roomy the Lakeside Center was for C2E2 and they were right. And the natural light showed through very well too. (thumbs u

I had a number of books with me to submit to the CGC booth for signatures and grading but before I could do that I had to pick up some books from joeypost that he pressed for me at the last minute. But I ran into Sean (seanfingh) first. Sean handed me the Crypt of Shadows #1 slab that I just bought from him on the boards and I asked one of the nice, young ladies at a nearby booth to take a pic of Sean and I (see below).

122-2239_IMG.jpg

I look too much like my older brother. :eek:

Sean looks svelte. Lost some weight perhaps?

40 lbs, brotha, although eating all the garbage options at the con will require some remedial work on my part this week.

Here's a pic of DocWatson (Jim) and Dale at Dale Roberts' booth:

122-2242_IMG.jpg

The guy with the backpack is "Timmyyyyyyyy".

Wrong.

Really? Too manly to be you, who was it then?

:cry: That's my backpack with the Goon pins.

Here's another pic with more boardies in it. That's Mutant Manatee on the left and lhcomics on the right. I don't remember if the other guy was a board member or not.

122-2248_IMG.jpg

Mutant Manatee and I are from the same area in central Illinois. He lives in Champaign and I'm originally from Paris which is about an hour southeast of Champaign. I've always been a big University of Illinois basketball and football fan. (thumbs u

And yes...that's a Captain America #1 CGC 5.0 in MM's hands. (worship)

I also remember meeting Leroy (lhcomics) at one of the Rockford comic cons last year. It was good seeing you again. :)

Middle guy is Don, yes he is a boardie here. Super nice guy to boot!

Here's a couple more boardies I met at C2E2.....spiderman-on-tilt and bomber-bob hard at work at Bob's booth. Bob had a LOT of great books but a cheaparse like me could only fork over the money for a Spidey slab from Bob.

122-2252_IMG.jpg

He's blazing, not Bomber...Nice report, Mike!

Here's another pic with more boardies in it. That's Mutant Manatee on the left and lhcomics on the right. I don't remember if the other guy was a board member or not.

122-2248_IMG.jpg

Mutant Manatee and I are from the same area in central Illinois. He lives in Champaign and I'm originally from Paris which is about an hour southeast of Champaign. I've always been a big University of Illinois basketball and football fan. (thumbs u

And yes...that's a Captain America #1 CGC 5.0 in MM's hands. (worship)

I also remember meeting Leroy (lhcomics) at one of the Rockford comic cons last year. It was good seeing you again. :)

It was very nice meeting you finally, Shark! Great report, and thanks for posting this pic! The one taken with my camera turned out really blurry.

Here's a couple more boardies I met at C2E2.....spiderman-on-tilt and bomber-bob hard at work at Bob's booth. Bob had a LOT of great books but a cheaparse like me could only fork over the money for a Spidey slab from Bob.

122-2252_IMG.jpg

He's blazing, not Bomber...Nice report, Mike!

doh! Thanks Sharon...and sorry Bob! :foryou:

122-2242_IMG.jpg

The guy with the backpack is "Timmyyyyyyyy".

Wrong.

Really? Too manly to be you, who was it then?

:roflmao:

and an old gray Iron Man suit from the first Iron Man movie.

122-2255_IMG.jpg

The props display rocked. :headbang:

I wish I could have stayed on sunday when they auctioned it off.

Nice report and great pics!!

and an old gray Iron Man suit from the first Iron Man movie.

122-2255_IMG.jpg

The props display rocked. :headbang:

I wish I could have stayed on sunday when they auctioned it off.

Nice report and great pics!!

Thanks Timmay!

I also forgot to mention that I stopped by the Hot Flips booth and picked up some more CGC flip-n-stik bags from Jeff. (thumbs u

122-2242_IMG.jpg

Yeah, you can see who's doing all the work.

:whistle:

The term you needed

to use was : validating

IE: Validating the merchandise.

Or, poking thru, checking out, or scoping out, depending on your rural upbringing.

Here's a pic of the infamous Toon Tumblers booth.

122-2238_IMG.jpg

:gossip: As far as I know, nobody had been kicked in the gonads at that point.

(shrug) Whats with all the nut kicking references lately

Pressing debate get out of hand ? Nerd fight :slapfight:

:gossip:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3918148#Post3918148

Being so busy I sometimes mistook the wrong people for board members. In fact one time I thought I saw Greggy rounding the corner and landed a nice 360-roundhouse on some random person. I sure hope that old lady is ok. Guess I need to get my eyes checked.

Here's a pic of the infamous Toon Tumblers booth.

122-2238_IMG.jpg

:gossip: As far as I know, nobody had been kicked in the gonads at that point.

(shrug) Whats with all the nut kicking references lately

Pressing debate get out of hand ? Nerd fight :slapfight:

:gossip:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3918148#Post3918148

Being so busy I sometimes mistook the wrong people for board members. In fact one time I thought I saw Greggy rounding the corner and landed a nice 360-roundhouse on some random person. I sure hope that old lady is ok. Guess I need to get my eyes checked.

:roflmao: