• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Body odor and Cons

48 posts in this topic

You would think that instead of handing out AMP drinks they would give out trial sized or sample sized deodorants...sheesh...after a while my nose was burning

In that line it would have been better had Dunkin Donuts been handing out cups of coffee. :P

Sir? Me? Really... lol

You hooked me up with a free pre screen without me even knowing it at the time, though that book has a permanent place in my raw collection. I <3 early Perez.

Walk into the video game room at any anime convention. None of them shower. I assure you.

It's because they're sweating from doing DDR for hours non stop :gossip:

Walk into the video game room at any anime convention. None of them shower. I assure you.

It's because they're sweating from doing DDR for hours non stop in their cosplay outfits :gossip:

Fixed

But that would also indicate they are in some kind of good shape or are healthy...which they are not.

As they say it's not a hockey game until there's a fight. So my question is, does the con season start with the pungent odor of BO?

Have you ever been to con without getting that wonderful smell of a ripe fanboy?

Please share with the group.

I've a confession.....I refrain from bathing for 2 weeks before ANY Con....I hate doing it but when I start digging through those longboxes, I don't like to be crowded....don't like people climbing all over me trying to get to what I'm looking at, You could say it's my Weapon X.....never fails. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

But that would also indicate they are in some kind of good shape or are healthy...which they are not.

I dunno, at Anime Central I didn't see any fatties in the game room. They were all waiting in line to get into the yaoi panels ;)

I dunno, at Anime Central I didn't see any fatties in the game room. They were all waiting in line to get into the yaoi panels ;)

Otakon tends to have a broader demographic then Anime Central, I guess. 30+ thousand people per year in one building? It can get a bit smelly.

(Note: Anime cons suck in general and the fans are possibly some of the dumbest I've ever encountered.)

You don't have to be over weight to be unhealthy. That's just wool pulled over everyone's eyes by the media.

From now on I only plan on going to cons where the crowd is vegetarian. There's no BO there.

As they say it's not a hockey game until there's a fight. So my question is, does the con season start with the pungent odor of BO?

Have you ever been to con without getting that wonderful smell of a ripe fanboy?

I was pleasantly surprised when I had my pic taken with Capt. Jack Sparrow in Chicago...he smelled quite nice.

Otakon tends to have a broader demographic then Anime Central, I guess. 30+ thousand people per year in one building? It can get a bit smelly.

(Note: Anime cons suck in general and the fans are possibly some of the dumbest I've ever encountered.)

So, I guess my wife and I won't be seeing you at Anime Central this year? I guess we'll just have to suffer with hanging out with our dumb friends :foryou:

I've a confession.....I refrain from bathing for 2 weeks before ANY Con....I hate doing it but when I start digging through those longboxes, I don't like to be crowded....don't like people climbing all over me trying to get to what I'm looking at, You could say it's my Weapon X.....never fails. GOD BLESS...

hm

On the flight into chicago I sat next to someone with a serious BO problem. :sick:

He was reading a book titled "how to make a great first impression when you meet people" or something like that

I wanted to tell the guy he skipped the chapter on personal hygiene and BATHING :makepoint:

From now on I only plan on going to cons where the crowd is vegetarian. There's no BO there.

Back in the day, I dated a woman who was vegan. She didn't have BO, but she had a very distinctive scent. I can't say I liked it. Maybe it was just all the meat byproducts flowing through my system making me unable to enjoy vegan scent.

Just throw elbows next time. It worked for Kevin Garnett

Just throw elbows next time. It worked for Kevin Garnett

We would have to give two day con suspensions then. You could only show up on Sunday if it's a three day show.

Hey, I think I like that.