• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Body odor and Cons

48 posts in this topic

Walk into the video game room at any anime convention. None of them shower. I assure you.

It's because they're sweating from doing DDR for hours non stop :gossip:

But that would also indicate they are in some kind of good shape or are healthy...which they are not.

I dunno, at Anime Central I didn't see any fatties in the game room. They were all waiting in line to get into the yaoi panels ;)

Otakon tends to have a broader demographic then Anime Central, I guess. 30+ thousand people per year in one building? It can get a bit smelly.

(Note: Anime cons suck in general and the fans are possibly some of the dumbest I've ever encountered.)

So, I guess my wife and I won't be seeing you at Anime Central this year? I guess we'll just have to suffer with hanging out with our dumb friends :foryou:

Screaming 14 year olds with no parental supervision is how most of the Katsucons, Otakons, Anime USA'a and what have you, are.

Walk into the video game room at any anime convention. None of them shower. I assure you.

It's because they're sweating from doing DDR for hours non stop :gossip:

But that would also indicate they are in some kind of good shape or are healthy...which they are not.

I dunno, at Anime Central I didn't see any fatties in the game room. They were all waiting in line to get into the yaoi panels ;)

Otakon tends to have a broader demographic then Anime Central, I guess. 30+ thousand people per year in one building? It can get a bit smelly.

(Note: Anime cons suck in general and the fans are possibly some of the dumbest I've ever encountered.)

So, I guess my wife and I won't be seeing you at Anime Central this year? I guess we'll just have to suffer with hanging out with our dumb friends :foryou:

Screaming 14 year olds with no parental supervision is how most of the Katsucons, Otakons, Anime USA'a and what have you, are.

Well, to be fair I've only been to Acen and it's not like that. The other cons might be, but I can't speak from personal experience.

I've avoided cons for a year or so now. One reason is because of the BO. It reminds me that comic collectors are associated with nerds and people who stink. And that's depressing.

There's a shop in my area that smells like butt crack. It did the last time I went in there months ago. It smelled yesterday for FCBD. Needless to say, I won't be going there anymore. Please keep smoke, BO and buttcrack smells away from my books.

I've avoided cons for a year or so now. One reason is because of the BO. It reminds me that comic collectors are associated with nerds and people who stink. And that's depressing.

There's a shop in my area that smells like butt crack. It did the last time I went in there months ago. It smelled yesterday for FCBD. Needless to say, I won't be going there anymore. Please keep smoke, BO and buttcrack smells away from my books.

It's sad but true, nerds and stank are synonymous with comic book collecting.

Luckily enough the friends I have made from these boards do not fall under those categories. :headbang:

I briefly shopped at Golden Apple Comics in Los Angeles on Free Comic Book Day... One guy who was standing behind me for a moment really smelled like he crapped his pants... It was quite disturbing.

I'm not kidding.

From now on I only plan on going to cons where the crowd is vegetarian. There's no BO there.

Back in the day, I dated a woman who was vegan. She didn't have BO, but she had a very distinctive scent. I can't say I liked it. Maybe it was just all the meat byproducts flowing through my system making me unable to enjoy vegan scent.

Vinagerette ?

I have some secret news for you :gossip:

I briefly shopped at Golden Apple Comics in Los Angeles on Free Comic Book Day... One guy who was standing behind me for a moment really smelled like he crapped his pants... It was quite disturbing.

I'm not kidding.

This was the type of situation that spawned the idea to start this thread. I can deal with a faint smell of BO, but I draw the line at filled draws. :sick: